SASS Wire Forum

New cartridge 30 Super Carry

Rye Miles #13621

9x23 impressive stats on this one just never gained popularity. Kinda like the 38 super which has its own cult like following.

Though I think this will go to the same graveyard as the 327mag only time will tell.

2 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

.32acp is semi-rimmed, if memory serves.

Yup, you can usually even run .32ACP in .32 revolvers in a pinch.

.32ACP has severe issues with rimlock in some guns. JHP ammo is usually shorter in OAL than FMJ, and when the rounds shift back and forth inside the mag you end up with a gun that jams on you at the worst possible moment. Seecamp purposely made their LWS-32 to only fit short JHP ammo, and Kel-Tec used to offer a magazine spacer for their P-32. Whenever it gets so hot outside that I'm forced to carry my P-32 I use FMJ ammo in it just to be sure.

1 hour ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

.32ACP has severe issues with rimlock in some guns. JHP ammo is usually shorter in OAL than FMJ, and when the rounds shift back and forth inside the mag you end up with a gun that jams on you at the worst possible moment. Seecamp purposely made their LWS-32 to only fit short JHP ammo, and Kel-Tec used to offer a magazine spacer for their P-32. Whenever it gets so hot outside that I'm forced to carry my P-32 I use FMJ ammo in it just to be sure.

Wonder how much problems the Walther pp and ppk series have had with rimlock. Pretty popular round overseas back in the day.

Archived