SASS Wire Forum

Blue Boy SASS 46773 1919-2022

SASS lost it's "oldest active shooter" last night. Blue Boy joined SASS in 2002 at the age of 83 . For 13 years  he made Wartrace his cowboy home, shot at Possum Trot in the Smokeout and talked to every cowboy and cowgirl that crossed paths with him. At the age of 102 he crossed paths with  covid and while he had no outright symptoms, could not shake of the weakening effect of the disease.  He will be sorely missed by many in the sport he most loved. RIP

Imis

102. Wow! I'm sure he leaves a great legacy and void in the hearts of those who knew him. Prayers and condolences. Rest in peace, Sir. 

Blue Boy was my friend!!  When my own father passed in 2005, he kinda’ adopted me.  We carried on at cowboy matches, shared meals and entertainment, bedeviled Imis, and sent many a round down range together.

He was a fixture at Wartrace! People from all over would ask to posse with Blue Boy when they visited our range!  We actually had birthday parties on the 4th of July, his birthday!

When I was so sick a couple of years ago, he offered encouragement as I recovered. He was always smiling and jovial with everyone and places he went were always a little brighter when he was there. He was a charter member of the midsouth branch of the Grumpy Lunch Bunch and will be sadly missed at our table.

I hope that SASS will retire his alias. 

:FlagAm: Oh my how our hearts are heavy this morning.   Annie and I will be thinking of you and Judy and praying for finding peace during this difficult time.

Love you brother.

Chas B and Apple Annie:(

Thank you all, as I am not a technical genius I am stealing from FKCGG. The picture is from his 90th Bday party at Wartrace.

Imis

15 hours ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

The object of life is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but to slide in sideways in a cloud of dust. Worn out. Used up. Yelling "YEEHAAWW! WHAT A RIDE"

JHC

On 1/14/2022 at 8:11 AM, Blackwater 53393 said:

Blue Boy was my friend!!  When my own father passed in 2005, he kinda’ adopted me.  We carried on at cowboy matches, shared meals and entertainment, bedeviled Imis, and sent many a round down range together.

He was a fixture at Wartrace! People from all over would ask to posse with Blue Boy when they visited our range!  We actually had birthday parties on the 4th of July, his birthday!

When I was so sick a couple of years ago, he offered encouragement as I recovered. He was always smiling and jovial with everyone and places he went were always a little brighter when he was there. He was a charter member of the midsouth branch of the Grumpy Lunch Bunch and will be sadly missed at our table.

I hope that SASS will retire his alias. 

Year is off to a bad start. I guess all we can do is hope it will get better. Condolences on the loss of your friend. Endeavor to persevere amigo.

JHC

• 3 weeks later...

Imis sent this information on memorial arrangements for our compadre, Blue Boy.

There will be a memorial service on Saturday, March 19th. at 3:00 pm. The location is: Central Christian Church

404 E. Main St.

Murfreesboro, TN

That date and time were chosen to coincide with the “mid month” match at Wartrace. 

Cowboy dress is encouraged, but no guns at the church.

Archived