SASS Wire Forum

Prayer Posse

MizPete

I am not sure calling on the Prayer Posse is even appropriate in this situation.  Grandson #2 (P T Younger, as was) is en route to a semester of study abrad, in Spain, on the Mediterranean.  I am both thrilled and terrified for him.  God grant him a semester that he will never forget (in the best possible way) and send him safely home to us.

I'll offer prayers for safe travels, a successful learning experience and a safe return.

Blessings+

ENTIRELY APPROPRIATE!

He's now a stranger in a strange land, and it is well that we should uplift our entreaties for his safety, his health and well being, his discernment!

Hey!! MizPete!!  You know Schoolmarm, Hatfield, and I are in on those prayers!!

Thank you all so much for the support.  This child is not entirely unprepared.  He started school in Beijing, China,has lived in London and visited Scotland.  He may, however, be a bit naive in that he assumes the good in people.

It is always appropriate to offer up prayers for the safety and edification of yourself and others.  It is also always appropriate to ask (pray) for such intercession from others.  It should be one of the Acts of Mercy.

O Lord Jesus Christ our God, the true and living Way, Who didst will to journey with Thy guardian Joseph, and Thy most pure Virgin Mother into Egypt, and didst accompany Luke and Cleopas on their way to Emmaus: we now humbly entreat Thee, O most holy Master: do Thou accompany now Thy servant by Thy grace. Send unto him as to Thy servant Tobias, an angel as a guide and guardian, protecting and delivering him from every evil assault of enemies both visible and invisible; directing him to the fulfillment of Thy commandments, sending him on his way peacefully, profitably, and soundly and bringing him back again safely and in peace. Grant that he may fulfill all his good purpose unto Thy good pleasure, and favorably unto Thy glory. For Thine it is to be merciful and to save us, O Christ our God, and to Thee do we send up glory, together with Thy Father Who is without beginning, and Thy most holy, good, and life-giving Spirit, now and ever and unto ages of ages. Amen.

Christ our Lord, the Giver of light and wisdom, who opened the eyes of the blind man and transformed the fishermen into wise heralds and teachers of the gospel through the coming of the Holy Spirit, shine also in his mind the light of the grace of the Holy Spirit. Grant him discernment, understanding and wisdom in learning. Enable him to complete his assignments and to abound in every good work, for to You we give honor and glory,k now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen.

Archived