SASS Wire Forum

Tonights THE Night

Widder, SASS #59054

Well, tonights THE NIGHT.

Since September,  all the Big 10, Pac-12, and other collegiate conferences have been waiting WHICH SEC team would be crowned 

National Football Champs.

Well, tonight is the night to settle the issue.

..........Widder

If you can’t hit the right note or keep time, just squal and screech and ACT like you know what you’re doing!!

I wish they’d audition these people and set standards that MUST be met!!

27 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

If you can’t hit the right note or keep time, just squal and screech and ACT like you know what you’re doing!!

I wish they’d audition these people and set standards that MUST be met!!

Being deaf has its anvantages.    Most music and singing sounds a little off to me.

Hey DOC..... that's funny.

..........Widder

I plumb forgot till I was channel surfing. I have no dawg in this figh. I just hope for a great game.

And that Saban loses. :lol:

DOC,

The date was great.   Her name is TV..... :D

MOHAWK,

I been putting a spell on Red Knee for about 6 years or so.   And I plan to put another one on him this June..... ;)

..........Widder

On 1/10/2022 at 2:34 PM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Well, tonights THE NIGHT.

Since September,  all the Big 10, Pac-12, and other collegiate conferences have been waiting WHICH SEC team would be crowned 

National Football Champs.

Well, tonight is the night to settle the issue.

..........Widder

I love all the calls for an 8 team playoff.

I reckon that the rest of the country has so much fun getting embarrassed in the playoffs by SEC teams that they want the extra opportunities for more of their friends to experience it!

I also enjoy the cries about having an all SEC championship and how it's "Not Fair".

The answer to that is easy. 

Have 3 teams in the country outside of the SEC that are good enough and play a tough enough schedule to prove they are that good and there won't be 2 SEC teams in the playoffs.  The playoff committee will use any even remotely plausible excuse to keep from having an all SEC championship they can get- if for no other reason than to shut up the whiners. 

Come on!  They've put Notre Dame in there twice and look what happened to Cincy when they got their wish and got in.  Out of respect for your Ohio brethren, we won't discuss OSU's playoff record (Play a cherry picked half of a schedule and get in?  Really?).

Even if there's 2 SEC schools in the playoffs, the answer is simple.

Step up and beat them.

And then you won't have us SEC fans ragging on you about being a bunch of wannabes.

EDIT

For them that don't know, I'm an Auburn fan, so this isn't some Alabama or UGA fan bragging.  We play Alabama and UGA home and away every year- and, until this year, back to back with the occasional bye week between.  Our two most hated rivals played Monday night for the NC, so I was rooting for the referees the whole night (Go Zebras!).

And I still say that if you can't beat them on the field, then you need to step up your game. 

That's a fact of life in Auburn.  Beating Bama and Georgia regularly will keep a head coach around longer than anything else on The Plains.  With a contract extension and a pay raise. 

Tommy Tuberville was on his way out the door but two weeks later, after beating both of them on back to back weeks, ended up with a contract extension, a bonus, a raise AND they fired the AD that was trying to help get rid of him.

Gus Malzahn extended his tenure at least 2 or 3 times by doing the same thing.

Congrats to the Georgia Bulldogs!!

It was a better championship game than the semifinals were!!

For all of those who railed against having two teams from the same conference!!  It was the same last year in baseball too!!

The SEC produces great athletic teams. They are in the thick of most major collegiate sports every year!!

Must be them grits and all that fried chicken!!

Just now, Subdeacon Joe said:

Or his annual bath.  :D

For the record, that was my second guess.

After Fulmer left UT and they quit playing football:P, lots of Tennesseans jumped on the Alabama bandwagon, so I immediately thought of football.

Archived