SASS Wire Forum

What's the one gun you sold that you wished you'd never?

Buckshot Bear

Very few. I've always been more of a buyer than a seller/trader. The few I've "sold" were because I didn't like them or they had a problem. Once upon a time I did sell a good friend a sweet Mini 14 Ranch Rifle with a custom tuned trigger, mostly because I got the itch for an AR-15 mostly because it was lighter, and at the time you couldn't find a good lightweight stock for a Mini (not counting the fool sidewalk commando folding/skeletonized things). Sorry wharf rat won't sell it back to me now. Says he'll swap even for one of my AR's.

JHC

A blued Detonics Combat Master in .45a.c.p. and a Cobray M-11, 9mm are the 2 I really wish I hadn't sold.

3 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Now that was a rip to shoot.  Several prisons and police departments got those with Laser Lock sights.  Very intimigating.

I enjoyed the one I played with. About 2006. I did not enjoy it $11,000 worth though, so I did not buy it. But it was fun.

Guns have always been primarily tools to me, so when I didn’t need, or like, one I got rid of it, or upgraded. The exception to that is guns with a history, and I’ve never had to part with any of those.

My gun regrets are ones I could have bought, but didn’t. The worst was a Correct Grade Springfield Armory Garand owned by my ex father in law. When he died his idiot sons sold it for next to nothing.

I sold a really nice 24” octagonal barreled Hartford model Rossi ‘92 with a pretty, straight stock.  Wish I had that one back! It had been slicked up and was smoother than silk.  Somebody paid me a lot more than they were bringing back then and I needed the cash.

The other one that got away was an SKS. It was a Polytech milled version that had a long barrel and chrome chamber. It was extremely accurate for a cheap rifle, (I gave $60.00 for it) and it came with a 10 round fixed magazine.  The wood had been painted flat black. 

I bought a nice composite stock and spent some time fitting and tweaking that old rifle to the new stock and it became a really nice shooter.  I traded it for another SKS that takes AK47 magazines. I wish I had just bought the second one, but I didn’t really think it through at the time.

Screenshot_20181025-152428_Photos.thumb.jpg.23722bd6ebea3ece4467ef20dbaf68c8.jpgAll of them ! 

Especially my Uberti Henry with a beautiful patina !

Colt MK 1 Trooper. Bought it new for $88 in 67. Sold it in 68.

404DE247-926C-4289-8AB1-73D78CDC96E0.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Colt MK 1 Trooper. Bought it new for $88 in 67. Sold it in 68.

404DE247-926C-4289-8AB1-73D78CDC96E0.jpeg

Mixed emotions. Hated to see it go but I needed to buy a wedding ring.

That turned out to be the investment of my life. :wub:

A2E251BA-FF91-46FD-BB5E-E1E0CDFA5315.jpeg

On 1/10/2022 at 3:27 PM, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Now that was a rip to shoot.  Several prisons and police departments got those with Laser Lock sights.  Very intimigating.

14 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Now that was a rip to shoot.  Several prisons and police departments got those with Laser Lock sights.  Very intimidating.

Memory troubles?B)

NO ONE here has said a Glock????? :o

S&W model 19, pre lock of course

S&W Mt Guns. One in 44 mag, one in 45 Colt.

Two different Winchesters.

My first Marlin 1894.

Sadly, I cannot list just one.

There are a few others I regret not buying.

One?

Browning A5 Light 12 my dad gave me when I turned 15.

All six M1 Carbines

Ruger Old Army Bicentenial

Swede Mauser Navy model

Weatherby Mark XXII

Colt Bisley .32-20 (1902)

Colt CLMR .32-20

Win 1829 SRC .32-20

4 hours ago, Hashknife Cowboy said:

4 inch Colt Diamondback in .22.....

That touches a soft spot in my heart.    I never owned one, but I had a chance a few years back to buy one

in REAL NICE condition for $200.   I passed because I didn't have the funds at the time.

Last year, I passed on another one for $1200.   A little too steep for me.

..........Widder

Archived