SASS Wire Forum

NFL en Espanol? Que passa?

Trailrider #896

I tuned in NFL games on CBS and some other station and the broadcasts are all in Spanish!  And, no, it is not something that can be selected, because the commercials are all in English.  I can appreciate giving Spanish-speakers the feature, but the rest of us?  As the Denver Donkeys are out of the playoffs, I don't much care who wins the Super Bowl, but if all the playoffs are in Spanish, I probably won't watch...or at least will turn the sound off. :huh:

This flippin’ country is losing its bloomin’ mind. 

I was in the lunchroom at work the other day and the guys had on some inane news show when commercials came on in Spanish. I told one of them to turn the TV off. One of my smart arses asked me what I had against Spanish. I told him “This is the United States of America. We speak English. You don’t like it? Take your ass south of the border and live there. See how fast you miss the USA.”

That was the end of that conversation. 

It's your television. My wife reports the same thing on her 'kitchen' tv while the one in the other room doesn't do it. There must be a reason she can't figure out. You probably will not be surprised that broadcasts in Spanish are allowed.

You need not be alarmed.

I can understand that you can turn on Spanish using your TV or cable control. But that should work for the commercials and half-time reports as well.  All the other channels are in English exclusively.  I was able to get Fox to deselect Spanish by pressing button D, but that doesn't work for CBS.  The Spanish is only on during the play-by-play and if I switch to another channel and then back, it defaults to Spanish for the play-by-play only.  If I hit button D, which turns off "Descriptive Videos" it will go to English.  But no other channels or programs! :wacko:

Sounds like yet another reason to not watch football.

I used to work a Mexican, from Mexico, not an American of Mexican descent, who used to go on and on about how great Mexico is. I started asking him about Mexican industries and such, (Mexican cars, their space program, etc.). He, of course, didn't have an answer. 

Why was he here you ask? I'm glad you asked. His son is deaf, and he came here so that the kid could get an education, and have a better future that selling pencils on a street corner in Mexico City.

I can think of a lot of fine countries that don't have a space program.

I've been to Mexico a few times, always to Mexico City or south, to Oaxaca and Chiapas. I've never been to the beach resorts, nor to northern Mexico, except Nogales.

Mexico,  certainly 'deep Mexico', is a really interesting and enjoyable place, with great people. I wouldn't live there, but then I wouldn't live anywhere but here anyway.

It’s not the network. Either your controls or a screw up with your cable provider. Time to get out the owners manual. ;)

37 minutes ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

I can think of a lot of fine countries that don't have a space program.

I've been to Mexico a few times, always to Mexico City or south, to Oaxaca and Chiapas. I've never been to the beach resorts, nor to northern Mexico, except Nogales.

Mexico,  certainly 'deep Mexico', is a really interesting and enjoyable place, with great people. I wouldn't live there, but then I wouldn't live anywhere but here anyway.

It might be a fine country, but it can't hold a candle to the U.S.A. He was always making out like it was BETTER than the U.S.A.

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack the topic at hand. I'll now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

Archived