SASS Wire Forum

Empire of the Summer Moon: Quanah Parker

Buckshot Bear

Yes it is. Hard to put down at times.

13 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Yes it is. Hard to put down at times.

Really enjoying it Yul Lose, if you can recommend any other titles so I have something good to replace this when I'm finished it would be appreciated.

Well since you asked; Blood and Thunder

The Apache Wars

The True Stories Of Kill Or Be Killed In The Old West

The Oregon Trail by Rinker Buck

I’m sure that I have more stashed away and I’ll see what I can come up with, but the above should get you started. Out of all that I mentioned The Apache Wars was probably my favorite. The Oregon Trail is a modern day trip over the Oregon Trail in mule drawn wagons and was very interesting and debunked quite a bit of what I was taught in elementary school in a school in a town along the Oregon Trail.

17 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Well since you asked; Blood and Thunder

The Apache Wars

The True Stories Of Kill Or Be Killed In The Old West

The Oregon Trail by Rinker Buck

I’m sure that I have more stashed away and I’ll see what I can come up with, but the above should get you started. Out of all that I mentioned The Apache Wars was probably my favorite. The Oregon Trail is a modern day trip over the Oregon Trail in mule drawn wagons and was very interesting and debunked quite a bit of what I was taught in elementary school in a school in a town along the Oregon Trail.

Thanks Yul Lose, appreciated mate. Can you tell me the author The Apache Wars as there's a few titled the same. Thank you.

T. R. Fehrenbach's "Comanches, the History of a People" is even better than Empire of the Summer moon, in my opinion. He also wrote the great "Lone Star", a history of Texas, which is a really good book not just about Texas, but about the history of the American West.

9 minutes ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

T. R. Fehrenbach's "Comanches, the History of a People" is even better than Empire of the Summer moon, in my opinion. He also wrote the great "Lone Star", a history of Texas, which is a really good book not just about Texas, but about the history of the American West.

Thanks RG <thumbsup> appreciated.

d7c678939eb41b78d651c7613e3c00f5.jpg.95a59486fb7980c115623fe397a708b8.jpg

9 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Thanks Yul Lose, appreciated mate. Can you tell me the author The Apache Wars as there's a few titled the same. Thank you.

Paul Andrew Hutton is the author of The Apache Wars.

Here are a few more about the American West that you may enjoy:

Billy The Kid by Peter Meech. A pretty interesting yarn about a man who claimed to be Billy later in life.

Tombstone by Tom Clavin

The Guns Of The South by Harry Turtledove

Killers Of The Flower Moon by David Grann

Wild Bill, Americas First Gunfighter By Tom Clavin

Shotguns and Stagecoaches by John Boessenecker

The Pioneers by David McCullough

Archived