SASS Wire Forum

Read once then again slowly so you can fathom the meanin Read once then again slowly so you can fathom the meaning & definition he imparts.

Charlie T Waite

The final portion of the January 2022 THE RIFLEMAN REPORT in the American Rifleman

Finally, though not directly product related, another powerful example of the potency of brevity can be found in our very language. As word counts in English writing go, 27 would seem a rather small number—the entire language contains more than 171,000 after all but, in the context of the U.S. Constitution, it was deemed sufficient to codify an enormously important concept: our country’s unique Second Amendment. Those 27 words are no less than the definitive basis on which the unalienable right to the defense of true individual liberty rests. They read:

“A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.”

As a double major in English and journalism from James Madison University named for the Constitution’s author and, at 5' 4", its our shortest president, I find it difficult not to zero-in on that last word, “infringed.” A quick check of Merriam-Webster’s offers this definition:

“To encroach upon in a way that violates law or the rights of another.” Further, it defines “encroach” as: “to enter by gradual steps or by stealth into the possessions or rights of another.”

Small steps and deception are certainly typical of the methodology employed by leftist forces to win major ideological victories, and the anti-gun movement has done exactly that for many years.  That is why all patriotic Americans must resolve to retain, assert and celebrate our constitutionally recognized right to firearm ownership.  I hope we can continue to enjoy new products that magnify the power of compactness such as those covered in this issue. Moreover, I pray that we vigilantly guard against any further infringement against the freedom expressed in those precious few words of our uniquely American birthright—the monumentally important Second Amendment.

—BRIAN C. SHEETZ, EDITOR IN CHIEF

Concise and precise!!  Well said and indisputable.

Now!  Let’s turn the tables and take back that which has been taken.  We should infringe on the rules and laws that have been made and written to steal our birthright.  Lets encroach on the system and those who try to systematically remove our freedom!!

EDIT:
Or better yet!! We should stand on our hind legs and kick the bastards to the curb!!

• Charlie T Waite changed the title to Read once then again slowly so you can fathom the meanin Read once then again slowly so you can fathom the meaning & definition he imparts.g & definition he imparts.
  • Charlie T Waite pinned this topic

How it actually reads is:

A well regulated militia, being necefsary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Using the "f" in place of the first "s" in "necessary" is correct for the period. I have no idea why the "A" in "arms" was capitalized, or the necessity of a comma after it, but the big mistake was capitalizing the "S" in "state", which has been argued to mean the thirteen states, rather than a condition, i.e. a state of freedom.

The original rendering of the Second Amendment had only ONE comma!  It was inserted after free State!  It has since been bastardized with two more commas, creating other, incorrect interpretations!!

As usual there is way to much criticism regarding the content of a post an little direction following e.g. Read once then again slowly so you can fathom the meaning & definition he imparts.  Everyone is so busy with the minutia that they miss the entire concept of the issue.  This is why the majority are unable to get their point across, simply "They Can't See The Forrest For The Trees" & do not follow direction!

This was obvious when I put out job applications that told everyone to read the directions entirely before completing - the last line said to only print and sign you name on the application.  Only 1 out of 73 applicants followed the directions - They were hired!  It seems human nature has again raised it's ugly head and put the blinders on.

• Charlie T Waite changed the title to Read once then again slowly so you can fathom the meanin Read once then again slowly so you can fathom the meaning & definition he imparts.
1 hour ago, Charlie T Waite said:

As usual there is way to much criticism regarding the content of a post an little direction following e.g. Read once then again slowly so you can fathom the meaning & definition he imparts.  Everyone is so busy with the minutia that they miss the entire concept of the issue.  This is why the majority are unable to get their point across, simply "They Can't See The Forrest For The Trees" & do not follow direction!

This was obvious when I put out job applications that told everyone to read the directions entirely before completing - the last line said to only print and sign you name on the application.  Only 1 out of 73 applicants followed the directions - They were hired!  It seems human nature has again raised it's ugly head and put the blinders on.

I don’t think that you realize that I get it…

I made no criticism of the posted material!  I simply acknowledged its simplicity and correctness, followed by a statement as to how we should employ the same tactics described!

Archived