SASS Wire Forum

Well keeee-rap. Got exposed to C-19

Went to a funeral visitation Thur. evening, shook hands with a friend and my wife hugged him. Found out today he tested positive yesterday. I'm getting tested tomorrow afternoon, suppose to work Mon. and Tue. I'm fully vaccinated and boosted so not too worried about getting deathly ill. Doubt I'll even test positive, but don't want to take it to work if I do.

JHC :angry:

When my wife and I got the china virus at the end of october. it was from a couple that were both fully vaccinated (both shots) and booster shot (only one at that time). He and his wife (a physical therapist) fully believed the alzheimer patient in the white house that they could not get sick or transmit it. they ended up at home for about a week plus 10 days quarantine. forced the cancellation of a trip to morocco for my wife and a trip to see friends in denver for me. three days of sporadic coughing and a week of feeling lazy and out of gas, (could have gone to work if I was still working), never really got that sick or had any fever above 99, I have had much worse colds in the past. Did I mention we have not had the jab as she is on Eliquis after a pulmonary embolism to stave off another blood clot (a known side effect of the jab) and I don't fall into any of the high risk co-morbidity's.

Glad you took care of yourself and did what you think best for your family and others.

Stay well

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

3 minutes ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

When my wife and I got the china virus at the end of october. it was from a couple that were both fully vaccinated (both shots) and booster shot (only one at that time). He and his wife (a physical therapist) fully believed the alzheimer patient in the white house that they could not get sick or transmit it. they ended up at home for about a week plus 10 days quarantine. forced the cancellation of a trip to morocco for my wife and a trip to see friends in denver for me. three days of sporadic coughing and a week of feeling lazy and out of gas, (could have gone to work if I was still working), never really got that sick or had any fever above 99, I have had much worse colds in the past. Did I mention we have not had the jab as she is on Eliquis after a pulmonary embolism to stave off another blood clot (a known side effect of the jab) and I don't fall into any of the high risk co-morbidity's.

Glad you took care of yourself and did what you think best for your family and others.

Stay well

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

I'm a pharmacist, I know it's not a lead pipe cinch, but the best defense we have. Not much of an exposure, but this omicron crap is extremely contagious. Hopefully tomorrow will bring good news.

JHC

My wife is now in LTC, taken from a Hospital in Isolation to a LTC facility with an outbreak. 

I get the rapid test daily, every time I go to see her and I have to be garbed in full PPE when I get to her room.

Inconvenient, but after losing 5 relatives to C-19 I'll take the precautions.

I am vaccinated and I hope to get the booster soon.

I now have many reports from friends and some family being positive on tests, with mild to moderate symptoms; all vaccinated. Omicron is really spreading, but between its milder effects and vaccinations, should be not bad. But positives are popping up all over the place suddenly.

I’ve had both shots and the “booster”. I got them because some of the venues I perform at require the shots or a recent, (within 2 days) test with negative results. 

I’m not convinced, and I’m becoming more skeptical daily, that the shots do any good and I am almost certain that masks are useless in preventing the spread.

We have been told that the shots are 95 to 97% effective. Then we were told that we needed a “booster” shot and that IT would make us safe!!  Now we’re getting the story that it only makes the symptoms milder but doesn’t prevent infection or the spread of the virus!

To go with all of this, we’re being ORDERED to wear masks or to take tests or to take more shots!!  We’re prevented from doing things that we would normally be allowed to do and from going where we choose to go!  We’re threatened with dismissal from our jobs!  They even told us that we couldn’t go to church!!  And then they’ve changed the narrative at every turn!!

I’m generally not a subscriber to conspiracy theories. I am also not one to “just go along” with whatever some politician or bureaucrat demands of me.

Maybe it’s time for the populace to stand up and demand some accountability from these vapid talking heads!!  Maybe it’s time that more of us just say NO when they start trying to force their unsubstantiated theories and rushed conclusions on us!! They have to find real, proven solutions that work and protect the public!!

Finally! It’s time to demand that the government stops deflecting and dancing around the task of finding who or what is responsible for the introduction of this virus into the environment and to take them to task for doing it!!  EVERYONE deserves to know!

1 minute ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

...Finally! It’s time to demand that the government stops deflecting and dancing around the task of finding who or what is responsible for the introduction of this virus into the environment and to take them to task for doing it!!  EVERYONE deserves to know!

Exactly. This conversation conspicuously stopped the day Brandon took over.

Not so complicated. Respiratory virus that causes disease that is especially serious in the old and those with compromised health. Vaccines have worked well; in fact most serious cases are now overwhelmingly among the unvaccinated.

There is no 'they'. On the other hand, they who  believe in 'they' will never be persuaded otherwise. Besides, it keeps 'them' occupied.

10 minutes ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

Not so complicated. Respiratory virus that causes disease that is especially serious in the old and those with compromised health. Vaccines have worked well; in fact most serious cases are now overwhelmingly among the unvaccinated.

There is no 'they'. On the other hand, they who  believe in 'they' will never be persuaded otherwise. Besides, it keeps 'them' occupied.

Ain’t buying it anymore, Red!

I know and or know of too many fully vaccinated, normally healthy people who have A: gotten the virus, B: gotten really sick, or C: died from the virus!!

I know that it’s real! I know that it’s often debilitating and sometimes deadly!!

I also know that NOTHING the government or the bureaucrats that the government has delegated authority to, has had  much if any effect on the spread of the virus and that they have changed their story to fit their purpose more often than some folks change their socks!!

As I said!  I don’t buy the conspiracy stuff!  I don’t buy the gooberment’s story anymore either!!

3 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

I'm a pharmacist, I know it's not a lead pipe cinch, but the best defense we have. Not much of an exposure, but this omicron crap is extremely contagious. Hopefully tomorrow will bring good news.

JHC

Serious question, why are people testing if they have no symptoms? 

OK , no soapbox today but ....ive been without mask since this started and exposed daily to every manor of society at our gun range including those that admit they had it , i dont care if ive had it or get it , this is all BS , we never shut the country down before and we should not now , im hoping all goes well with all who get it and look forward to next years shooting with those that dont let this hold you back , 

6 minutes ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

Travel, or work requirements are the biggest reasons.

Exactly , I work on a oil rig in the Gulf. I was exposed to two guys that tested positive. Me and my team was required to test negative for 5 days straight before we could take off our masks and eat in the galley again. At day 4 a second team member popped positive so we had to start all over again. Only the second member showed any signs of being sick the first had no signs. In 28 days 6 guys tested positive, 2 was part of my team.

7 hours ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

Where is the proof its among the unvaccinated?

I've seen more vaccinated people get the lie bug more than unvaccinated. Just my experience. The virus has mutated from what it originally was so just maybe its not the vaccines causing milder symptoms but the Covid virus itself now causes less serious effects.

You certainly can't beleive the CDC, WHO , State or Federal agencies on the reporting of who is getting sick muchless the numbers involved. Heck they have lied about the numbers from the get go just to get the sheeple to follow along.

7 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

As I said!  I don’t buy the conspiracy stuff!  I don’t buy the gooberment’s story anymore either!!

It's no longer a conspiracy when it is the truth.

Here are a couple of websites that show current and past CoVid cases. The first one is for the USA. The second is worldwide but also has data by regions. When I look at the numbers for California there are 39M people in CA.

USA Facts site 

There have been 5.5M confirmed cases.

There have been 75,786 CoVid deaths. 
This would mean that 14% of the population has had a confirmed case of CoVid. 

Johns Hopkins Site

There have been 6M confirmed cases. There have been 77, 043 CoVid deaths.
This would mean 15% of the population has had a confirmed case of CoVid 19. 

https://usafacts.org/visualizations/coronavirus-covid-19-spread-map/

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

Now, I tried to bounce these numbers off of CDC numbers on the CDC website but I got so flippin’ frustrated that I gave up and quite honestly got completely lost on what I was trying to do in the first place. Sheesh!

Here is the CDC site if you’re interested and want to waste an hour of your life trying to figure it out…

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

11 hours ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

In my case I'm a pharmacist in a small town drug store. If I were to bring the bug to work and spread it around the whole drug store might have to shut down. We're not like CVS or Walgreens where we could bring in pinch hitters. We're the only pharmacy in town and it would be bad news. I'm feeling fine so far, probably overkill, just being cautious not to spread it to others if I'm infected.

JHC

15 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

JHC

Was reading an article that was saying it’s not really much more contagious than delta, it’s that vaccinated transmit it at the same rate as unvaccinated.  Where with delta the vaccinated had a lower transmission rate.  That makes overall transmission higher.  Although there is plenty of empirical data suggesting it spreads easily in large groups of vaccinated people.  

2 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

In my case I'm a pharmacist in a small town drug store. If I were to bring the bug to work and spread it around the whole drug store might have to shut down. We're not like CVS or Walgreens where we could bring in pinch hitters. We're the only pharmacy in town and it would be bad news. I'm feeling fine so far, probably overkill, just being cautious not to spread it to others if I'm infected.

JHC

I think we should put the flamethrower to you... just in case.

main-qimg-e9734c68884752ff7dfb6712c9e016c7-lq.jpg

17 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

My wife is now in LTC, taken from a Hospital in Isolation to a LTC facility with an outbreak. 

I get the rapid test daily, every time I go to see her and I have to be garbed in full PPE when I get to her room.

Inconvenient, but after losing 5 relatives to C-19 I'll take the precautions.

I am vaccinated and I hope to get the booster soon.

What is "LTC" or an "LTC facility"?  I know what an "ICU" is, but I don't think I've ever heard of an "LTC".

Thanks

47 minutes ago, Black Angus McPherson said:

What is "LTC" or an "LTC facility"?  I know what an "ICU" is, but I don't think I've ever heard of an "LTC".

Thanks

Long Term Care Home in Canadian.

Very sad watching someone you love and have been married to for over 53 years go down hill so fast.

Here she was in happy times, at her girlfriends for her 74th birthday.

Sherron B day three.JPG

I spent over a month in a long term care facility two years ago.  The people in charge of my care and rehab were outstanding!

I have had several ER and critical care givers tell me that they never expected to see me again!!

In the words of Jim Valvano. “Never give up. NEVER give up! NEVER GIVE UP!!”

I hope your bride can make a comeback!

I'm tired of the contradictory messages in the same press release.

"Omicron is SO MUCH more contagious!  But its symptoms are SO MUCH milder!  But our hospitals will be OVERWHELMED because so many more people will be hit with more severe symptoms!"

That, along with the idiocy of some of the pontifications from 2020, hiking in to an isolated fishing hole would give you COVID and kill grandma, but attending a crowded, unmasked mostly peaceful riot was perfectly safe and must not be interfered with(however attending an actual peaceful protest in support of the Second Amendment or against mask mandates would give you COVID and kill grandma and so should not be permitted).

49 minutes ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

971CE3A2-A059-42E2-A4C4-4A501DC98262.jpeg

Good news 

The BinaxNow test is supposed to be the best at home test. Clinics around here also use it. 

Glad you got a good result. :)

Archived