SASS Wire Forum

I have a cooking question

Alpo

I was on a clickbait the other day, and it was all about the stuff you should not put down the kitchen sink.

Much of it would have required going through the garbage disposal first - bones for example - and I don't have a garbage disposal so I ignored those. It said to be sure to not put little paper stickers that was on vegetables down - to peel them off before you washed your vegetables. Duh.

It said you should not put pasta down the drain, because as long as water is on it it will get bigger, eventually blocking your drain. I was not aware of that. But I eat my pasta, I don't throw it down the sink.

Then it came to pasta water. Put a tablespoon of the water you cooked your pasta in into your sauce. It does wonderful things for your sauce. Okay. I'll accept that. I have not done it, but I will accept that.

But do not pour the pasta water down the drain. It is full of starch from cooking the pasta, and as it cools it will clog your drain.

So if you're not supposed to pour it down the drain, what are you supposed to do with it? Pasta water, rice water, potato water? Well, actually, if you do your rice right there will not be any rice water. But pasta water and potato water? If it's bad to pour them down the drain, what do you do with them? Take them outside and pour them in the front yard?

I use it to make my dog breakfast and dinner with the other outdated leftovers. Then I por it on his dry food

I think the real reason you shouldn’t put pasta or pasta water down the drain has to do with the fact that alligators love pasta and dumping pasta and pasta water down the drain not only attracts them but nourishes them. All those alligators in the sewage systems of the country are a problem and we must not feed them!

At least that is what I believe and I am posting it here so some city dwelling brainiac will see it and repost it and 100 years from now my alias will be associated with a historical fact and then meatheaded little twerps can also discuss my archaic use of the word “a” instead of “an” before the word “historical” and a verbal fight will ensue and then the internet enforcement bots will be sent out to quash the melee. 

Okay…enough of my BS…on with the show…

I thought the only place they had alligators in the sewers was New York. All them Jewish kids get taken down to Miami to visit their grandparents, and buy souvenir baby alligators to take home, and when they bite mama she makes the kids flush them down the toilet.

Up here, our sewergators grow fur and they used to be part of the natural harvest and a source of cash for my FN relatives.

Not any more.

Now, PETA loses it's mind when maintenance people even try to relocate them and there has even been talk about putting them on the Endangered Species list.

It all sounds like BS to me. The two things that I find that clog drains is hair and animal fat. I also found drywall compound in one after a house had been remodeled. 

3 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Up here, our sewergators grow fur and they used to be part of the natural harvest and a source of cash for my FN relatives.

Not any more.

Now, PETA loses it's mind when maintenance people even try to relocate them and there has even been talk about putting them on the Endangered Species list.

?????

Don't leave me hangin' :) 

47 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

?????

Don't leave me hangin' :) 

Beaver? They can cause issues for sure. 

The biggest issues we have in the sewer business is FOG (fats, oils and grease) and those damn sanitary wipes. Both are labor intensive to clear and cause damage to pumps and our biological processes. Bacon grease is obvious but mayonnaise, butter, olive oil, etc. are just as bad.

Yes, I'm Trail Boss of the Turd Herders......

Archived