SASS Wire Forum

What's Longmire like with Aussie Robert Taylor?

Buckshot Bear

A terrific show. Way above average for a book series adaptation.

Taylor does a perfectly acceptable Walt Longmire.  And he manages a very good American accent!  Occasionally, some little bit of "down under" twang might be detectable, but it's pretty rare.  :rolleyes:

Very good show. Most enjoyable.

10 hours ago, Hendo said:

But the books are better by a long shot.

That is almost always the case. Books rely on the writer’s skill as a story teller and the reader’s imagination.

Outstanding in all respects IMHO; acting cast, scenery. Not every episode was a winner, but most were. I read all the books and found series and books to be fairly consistent. His deputy Vic is terrific as a former Philly cop; I worked with a lot of Philly cops and she nails it. Anyhow, recommend it highly.

I agree with Ornery Cuss. Great show, and Robert Taylor is fully believable as an American sheriff...... 

20210601_191513.jpg

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

;)

A6BC8DEE-289B-4B9B-9923-BCFF6D36B72A.jpeg

Details on the shootin iron and holster?

Longmire started off on A&E  and while it was their most watched show they cancelled it because the "demographic" was old folks mostly. I guess they don't want our money!:angry:

I wondered how they could do that, but then decided that old Walt is not a member of the screen actors guild.

Because just like with Highlander, there can be only one. James Stewart, a British actor, came over here to make his fortune in Hollywood. They told him he would have to change his name, because there already was a James Stewart. So he made his last name his first name, and pulled another name out of his butt, and became Stewart Granger.

I'm pretty sure that if I went to the SAG and tried to register, and told them that my name was John Wayne, they would not let me join. Does not matter that Duke is dead. Cannot be another John Wayne.

When I heard that Robert Taylor was going to be sheriff Longmire, I was astounded. I didn't know he was still alive. And if he was he had to be close to 100. Oh. Different Robert Taylor. Hmmmm.

18 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

Details on the shootin iron and holster?

Series 80 Colt. 
Holster is from The Cowboy Shop in Katy TX. Don’t know if they’re still in business.

I have some Mastodon ivory grips coming next week. B)

A7FEA79D-A5CD-4144-A195-BA0839360F89.jpeg

21 hours ago, Alpo said:

Well you got the hat and the badge and the Rainer.

But it sure looks like your pistol is cocked to me. And Walt don't do dat.

Walt does. Robert Taylor doesn’t. ;)

On 1/9/2022 at 7:58 AM, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Robert Taylor has been dead for over 50 years.

robert_taylor.jpg

That’s why they had to go all the way to Australia to get a new one. 

Seamus

Archived