Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

McLintock


Recommended Posts

And one stupid line. 
“ Even the government should know you can’t farm at 7,000 feet above sea level.”

 

The farmers here would disagree. :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That movie would set today’s standards and practices people on FIRE!!

 

AND I LOVE IT!!

 

 I’m evermore tired of the way these old movies are edited and judged to be inappropriate!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 years??? :blink:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

40 years??? :blink:

 

Thereabouts.  Watched it on late night television, edited, chopped up with 5 minute commercial breaks.  It made for a very unpleasant viewing experience and turned it into a stupid movie.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

And one stupid line. 
“ Even the government should know you can’t farm at 7,000 feet above sea level.”

 

The farmers here would disagree. :lol:

I thought everyone in Colorado was a rancher . In Mi if you grow crops , beef , pork etc your referred to as a farmer. When i first moved to CA i was talking to a guy who owned a cattle ranch and referred to it as a farm . He was offend , said he wasn’t no dam farmer he was a rancher :) .

I guess it goes back to the battles between the people planting row crops and the ones raising beef  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

I thought everyone in Colorado was a rancher . In Mi if you grow crops , beef , pork etc your referred to as a farmer. When i first moved to CA i was talking to a guy who owned a cattle ranch and referred to it as a farm . He was offend , said he wasn’t no dam farmer he was a rancher :) .

I guess it goes back to the battles between the people planting row crops and the ones raising beef  

The Dove Creek - Cortez area is great pinto bean and alfalfa farming area. And that makes for huge mule deer bucks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Cholla said:

The Dove Creek - Cortez area is great pinto bean and alfalfa farming area. And that makes for huge mule deer bucks. 

Just like whitetails and the Midwest corn and soybean farmers . Some people refer to them as speed beef 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Cholla said:

The Dove Creek - Cortez area is great pinto bean and alfalfa farming area. And that makes for huge mule deer bucks. 

Pinto Bean Capital of the world. ;)
 

Might be the Mule Deer capital of the world too.

 

And other critters…;)….. https://www.dovecreekpress.com/news-lifestyle/dove-creek-mountain-lion-taken-town-local-12-year-old-boy

 

FA53D229-47BB-43DF-B7CA-8BD170789659.jpeg

 

BC4C1F8F-A4A1-43ED-B043-04C157104F91.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Pinto Bean Capital of the world. ;)
 

Might be the Mule Deer capital of the world too.

 

And other critters…;)….. https://www.dovecreekpress.com/news-lifestyle/dove-creek-mountain-lion-taken-town-local-12-year-old-boy

 

Yep. We used to live in Mancos. I always wanted to move back but I don’t think it will happen in this life. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Buckshot Bob said:

Some people refer to them as speed beef

Would that be the polar opposite of slow elk?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.