SASS Wire Forum

I just received word that my friend Badger Mtn. Charlie passed earlier today.

Arrangements are incomplete at this time.  The family will, most likely, do some kind of memorial in the spring.

The person who contacted me told me that Charlie said that he would see me on the other side.  I figure that goes for all of his many friends here in the Saloon.  We talked on the phone now and then and Schoolmarm and I visited him and his darling wife a few years ago.

I will pass along more information when I get it. I’m a little broke up right now, so I’m gonna’ step out and collect my thoughts.

BOTTLES!!!  A round for the house and pour one more for Charlie!!

Thank you for letting us know. I am truly saddened by the news. Charlie was one of the ones I seemed to get to know and like first when I first came to the forum, and I will miss his presence. My deepest condolences to his family and friends. He and they will be in my thoughts and meditations.

Prayers up for family and friends. He will be missed here on the wire…and I am sure many more places.

I reckon maybe he’ll be hip deep in a fast stream in a day or two and ol’ Capt. Jack will be settin’ on the bank watchin’ him!!

O God of spirits and of all flesh, Who hast trampled down death and overthrown the Devil, and given life to Thy world, do Thou, the same Lord, give rest to the souls of Thy departed servant in a place of brightness, a place of refreshment, a place of repose, where all sickness, sighing, and sorrow have fled away. Pardon every transgression which he had committed, whether by word or deed or thought. For Thou art a good God and lovest mankind; because there is no man who lives yet does not sin, for Thou only art without sin, Thy righteousness is to all eternity, and Thy word is truth.

For Thou are the Resurrection, the Life, and the Repose of Thy servant who has fallen asleep, O Christ our God, and unto Thee we ascribe glory, together with Thy Father, who is from everlasting, and Thine all-holy, good, and life-creating Spirit, now and ever unto ages of ages. Amen.

Grant rest eternal in blessed repose o Lord, and make his memory to be eternal.

A good man.  He will be sorely missed.

It seems the wind has turned and not for the better here lately. 

This news is what I feared. 

Rest In Peace, BMC. I will miss you. 

This year is not starting well at all. :(

Rest in peace, BMC.  I'm sorry I was not able to keep my promise to get back to Washington for our lunch date.  We will meet again.

CK

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

This year is not starting well at all. :(

You got that right. I never met him in person, but seems like I've known him forever.

We'll miss ya Charlie.

JHC

https://fsa.zobj.net/crop.php?r=l2fJskMdyyV5JN5esbj724Vw6UeJfwhU9JkW2IkvdNlxCrc9qfQj-WzMRIsTeBNJ10Q3hKyc_tNoRsbGwKCgFtRd3VdRRB_7alhTTYXhSq0Ptb86pet00cUHQmZ3S4RRRDR2iAvZcCMVXSls

Damn.  A good man gone.

Like Forty said... there's a big ol' void in our world now.  :(

Sad sad news. RIP Badger , I enjoyed all our discussions about baseball. Prayers up for his family and friends,

Rest in Peace, Badger Mtn Charlie. You're already missed. :(

Some of you long timers may remember Zeb. He was a BIGGER blabberfingers than Badger! If those two are sitting around a campfire up there the gabbing may go on for a few hundred years. I was lucky enough to meet Zeb a few days before his sudden death. He was NOTHING like is Saloonatic personality. We've lost to many over the years. Looking forward to a BIG reunion when I ride over the divide.

JHC

1 hour ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Some of you long timers may remember Zeb. He was a BIGGER blabberfingers than Badger! If those two are sitting around a campfire up there the gabbing... 

Undoubtedly sharing a jug o' Peach Squeezin's...  :)

7 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Some of you long timers may remember Zeb. He was a BIGGER blabberfingers than Badger! If those two are sitting around a campfire up there the gabbing may go on for a few hundred years. I was lucky enough to meet Zeb a few days before his sudden death. He was NOTHING like is Saloonatic personality. We've lost to many over the years. Looking forward to a BIG reunion when I ride over the divide.

JHC

I joined the wire after Zeb had passed.  Badger always paid homage to Zeb and it made me wish that I had joined earlier.  I also missed the Boston John Douchette days and was only around for the later years of Longshot Logan!!

I count myself lucky to have been here and seen and read their posts.

I remember BMC in the Saloon when I first discovered the Saloon in 98 or 99. 
I am pretty sure I remember the first time someone called him “blabber fingers”.  Charlie was always a very nice gent. I was happy to see he was still on here when I came back in 2016. 

2 hours ago, Yellowhouse Sam # 25171 said:

I sent him some salmon streamers a couple years ago....bet  he's finally found a good fishin hole to use them.

He surely loved his fishing!!  I recall dozens of posts about tying flies and where the salmon were running!!

Archived