SASS Wire Forum

What makes a Man a Mason

Gracos Kid

This is a copy of a document that my Father had in his filing cabinet when he died in 1963.  He, as am I for 48 years, was a member of the local Masonic Lodge.  Just thought some might find it an interesting read....thumbnail.thumb.jpg.b8fa919c2aac67f5d2c643c9303f6377.jpg

1 minute ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Is something like this OK to publish? I my Grandfather and Father were Masons I always thought it was private and secretive.

It is.  They have probably issued a fatwa on you.

I believe the rituals and some other things are secret. Don’t know never was a mason. 
Built a fireplace once though. 

2 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Is something like this OK to publish? I my Grandfather and Father were Masons I always thought it was private and secretive.

As long as it doesn't give the secret hand shake.

..........Widder

20 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

If you went to Sunday School in a Baptist Church you know the story behind everything in Masonry. All you are missing are the identifiers

6 hours ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

Lots of stories getting around at the moment that not all masons are good people..especially if higher up the ladder..just sayin'

Those stories have been going around for hundreds of years. They were bogus then. They are bogus now.

Certainly not all Masons are good people. Not all florists are good people. Not all policemen are good people. Not all plumbers are good people. There's bad people everywhere. But the Masons that are not good people is because they are not good people, not because they are Masons.

40 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Those stories have been going around for hundreds of years. They were bogus then. They are bogus now.

Certainly not all Masons are good people. Not all florists are good people. Not all policemen are good people. Not all plumbers are good people. There's bad people everywhere. But the Masons that are not good people is because they are not good people, not because they are Masons.

Amen Pard, I have been a Mason for 40 years some of the finest men I know are Masons and a ton of them are cowboy action shooters, I also know fine men that are not Masons.Show me an organization that has a perfect group of individuals, I’ll wait.

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

Perfectly said.

10 hours ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

Lots of stories getting around at the moment that not all masons are good people..especially if higher up the ladder..just sayin'

I hired a pair to build my chimney & fireplace. They charged double the quote, built the wrong fireplace, sued me when I bitched about the cost, 10 years later the chimney is falling down. They were avid attendees in the local Masonic lodge. Just being a member doesn't make you a good person. Just my observation.

All I know is the Masons as an organization have done many things for the good of their communities over the years. My Grandfather was a Mason and he was a fine person. 

2 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

I thought that was just the Mormons for getting into heaven 

No, for that they use the key to the Executive washroom.

13 hours ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

So, unsupported vague allegations of bad actors, no specifics, just laying it out there. "Just sayin'" Does this mean you don't claim it yourself, but want to be sure we know; you're off the hook?

I'm no Mason and have no interest, but this is just sowing of discord.

12 hours ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

So, unsupported vague allegations of bad actors, no specifics, just laying it out there. "Just sayin'" Does this mean you don't claim it yourself, but want to be sure we know; you're off the hook?

I'm no Mason and have no interest, but this is just sowing of discord.

Yep Red that's a fair call..personally I don't give a stuff re 'off the hook', my 'just sayin' is exactly that , there  are plenty of stories out there about many things, this is just one..are they true ..who knows but time will tell..I get your point though .

Archived