SASS Wire Forum

I received an interesting email

Alpo

Guns America. They told me that Colt was bringing back the 3-inch Python.

Did Colt ever make a 3-inch Python?

I remember a two and a half, a four, a six, and an 8 inch. But a three?

And if they never made a three, how can they bring it back?

This is from five years ago.  The prices for a 3" have gone way up since then.  The one in the photo has a lot of wear and aftermarket Pachmyer grips.  A stock one in excellent condition sells for a lot more.

https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/71/1781/desirable-3-inch-barrel-colt-python-double-action-revolver

4 hours ago, Alpo said:

Guns America. They told me that Colt was bringing back the 3-inch Python.

Did Colt ever make a 3-inch Python?

I remember a two and a half, a four, a six, and an 8 inch. But a three?

And if they never made a three, how can they bring it back?

I would think that Colt knows what they’re talking about.:wacko:

BTW I got the same email. $1499.00 retail, I’d like to fondle one and see how they are.

12 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I would think that Colt knows what they’re talking about.

When the town of Bugtussell Arkansas says they're going to have a gun buy-back, everyone gets all upset - "how can they buy them back when they never owned them in the first place?"

Just seemed like the same thing. How could they bring them back if they never made them to begin with?

And Colt wasn't saying they were bringing it back. Guns America was saying Colt was bringing it back.

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

When the town of Bugtussell Arkansas says they're going to have a gun buy-back, everyone gets all upset - "how can they buy them back when they never owned them in the first place?"

Just seemed like the same thing. How could they bring them back if they never made them to begin with?

And Colt wasn't saying they were bringing it back. Guns America was saying Colt was bringing it back.

Well whatever, they're bringing it back! They did make a 3" according to Larsen Pettifogger's findings. 

BTW Gunsamerica is not the only one that's saying "Colt is bringing back the 3" Python. I found several gun publications that are saying the same thing. Google "Colt bringing back the 3" Python" ;)

https://www.americanhunter.org/content/new-for-2022-colt-python-3-inch/ Here's just one of them.

Archived