SASS Wire Forum

Speaking of virus, talked to my dr today.

Trigger Mike

I had a regular checkup scheduled today.   I just happened to hear from the school that he had been exposed to the virus.  Seems some mother sent her son to school even though he had a fever of 101 the night before,  even though logic and school policy says anything over 99.5 you are to stay home. As a result 4 children are home sick.  Now my son has to wear a mask for 10 days. 

I asked my doctor about symptoms to look for and the doctor said just cough, sore throat and congestion and that symptoms are mild.  The nurse said the same thing.  They both seemed to pass it off as Nothing to worry about.   

The nurse did say that several had come today with colds and tested positive for the china virus instead.  Still reiterated symptoms are mild.  

Meanwhile my son came home and says his throat is sore.  

It's been real folks.  

It seems this Omicron is less severe than the flu. But the media keeps pumping it up.

Uno and I both tested positive for Covid 2.0 yesterday.  It hasn't been worse than a slight fever, runny nose, scratchy throat and a little bit of a cough.  I'm waiting for the official word from the company on when they will let us come back to work.  We'll see.......

Oldest grandson came down with it this weekend and tested positive for it on Tuesday. Slight sore throat, low grade fever and that’s about it. I talked to him this afternoon and he says he feels fine but has to work from home until next Thursday.

The Omicron seems a milder form than the original offerings.

The previous versions have killed 5 of my relatives to date: BIL April 2020; two female cousins July and August 2020; cousin's husband September 15, 2021 and my cousin and neighbour for 41 years November 30. 

It has hit hard in LTC homes up here. At one point, the Army was sent in to the homes to provide help, due to lack of staff.

Another tidbit Mr dr told me is right before Christmas I had a slight cough and constant runny nose and mild fever and he said I likely had the virus then.  He scheduled me for an antibody test.   

We will see.  My sons throat is still sore.  No fever though.  

The media over plays the Omnicron variant to justify keeping everything locked down.

It makes everyone easier to control. 

The elder of my two nurse daughters got the Pfizer booster yesterday.
It kicked her ass to the curb..
103.5 fever, awful sick.

This is her 2nd covid infection, both from her hospital.
Covid is making the rounds through her staff again.. she thinks it is airborne now, rather than droplet transmitted.

The media keeps reporting how many cases there are, well there's MORE testing so don't ya think that would equal more cases?? The fact that the majority of cases are mild and some with no symptoms at all is not reported.

12 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

The Omicron seems a milder form than the original offerings.

The previous versions have killed 5 of my relatives to date: BIL April 2020; two female cousins July and August 2020; cousin's husband September 15, 2021 and my cousin and neighbour for 41 years November 30. 

It has hit hard in LTC homes up here. At one point, the Army was sent in to the homes to provide help, due to lack of staff.

The national guard is now being used in a couple of Mi hospitals because of self induced staffing issues. No jab no job , it’s really hard to understand how they can justify it when it’s so well proven it doesn’t stop you from catching it or spreading it . 

My wife got tested around Christmas and was positive. Pretty sick for a week or so. I felt the same but there is only room in the house for one sick person at a time. I didn't get tested so I only had a cold......

We're both vaccinated, BTW.

My son still does not have symptoms even though 4 classmates are out sick.  He had it August 2020 so I am curious as to how he does.   I read an article this week that getting the vaccine increased your odds of getting omicron by 2 and getting the booster increased your idds of getting omicron by 3.  Not getting the vaccine decreased your odds of getting  omicron but once you get it, you will feel worse than the vaccinated. Even so my dr did not seem concerned yesterday when I told him my son was exposed.  Last year he was when my son had it and warned me to let him know right away if I get any symptoms.   

1 hour ago, Buckshot Bob said:

The national guard is now being used in a couple of Mi hospitals because of self induced staffing issues. No jab no job , it’s really hard to understand how they can justify it when it’s so well proven it doesn’t stop you from catching it or spreading it . 

Because the people who make those decisions are faaaaar removed from actual medical care. At one time, (like Fauci), they might have been actual Doctors but that was a long time ago. At their current level, they are administrators at BEST, politicians at worst, (like Fauci).

Dr. Oz said on the Sean Hannity show when this all started that "When Medicine and Politics are combined politics always wins" 

It is like that in everything and when politics wins, we all lose!

Some of my friends and family are Doctors and Nurses.

They advise getting the shots, including the boosters.

They and their spouses and children have been vaccinated as well as "boosted"

They tell me, that while the virus can still present itself in you and you can test positive, because of the vaccine, if you get sick with it, it will usually be a milder form  and less dangerous, unless there are some very serious other issues with your system.

The family members I have lost either did not receive the vaccine or had some serious additional health issues.

My wife received her booster prior to going into LTC yesterday and I will get mine as soon as my appointment date is provided.  

13 hours ago, T.K. said:

The media over plays the Omnicron variant to justify keeping everything locked down.

It makes everyone easier to control. 

Why does the media want everything locked down? That brings n money in to them and they’re all about money and ratings. I believe they are just following their past pattern of irresponsible sensationalistic journalism.

We tend to forget that although. 90% of the newest cases are Omicron, and mostly affecting the unvaccinated, the original Covid 19 and Delta are still out there. 

57 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

They and their spouses and children have been vaccinated as well as "boosted"

They tell me, that while the virus can still present itself in you and you can test positive, because of the vaccine, if you get sick with it, it will usually be a milder form  and less dangerous, unless there are some very serious other issues with your system.

The family members I have lost either did not receive the vaccine or had some serious additional health issues.

My wife received her booster prior to going into LTC yesterday and I will get mine as soon as my appointment date is provided.  

Just curious because I don't know.

why don't you just go to the grocery store pharmacy, check in and 20 minutes later walk out after getting your shot?

That is how it is done here in Grand Junction.

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

today is my first day back in the office in 37 days.  after being exposed over thanksgiving, my 5 year old had to be tested before he was allowed to return to school.  tested positive, no symptoms, whole family locked up for a bit.  to get out of quarantine early, we tested the rest of us.  my 3 year old tested positive, no symptoms, everyone except the 5 year old locked up for a bit.  next round of tests for those still at home we all came back negative, but at this point the kids had brought home from school the normal flu and they had fevers etc.  I got a bit of a cold, no covid, but I didn't get released from quarantine as a result and my case got dropped somewhere and I had to call around for 3 days till I could find someone who could write me a quarantine release letter to go back into my office.  

4 hours ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

Just curious because I don't know.

why don't you just go to the grocery store pharmacy, check in and 20 minutes later walk out after getting your shot?

That is how it is done here in Grand Junction.

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Not able to up here. I am waiting for an appointment, at Shoppers Drug, to have my booster shot.

Logistic issues trying to get it delivered where needed apparently. 

Our Prime Minister originally tried to get the vaccines from his favourite country, China, but the Chinese authorities stopped the shipment, after our sucker, I mean Prime Minister Trudeau, paid for it. (Still haven't heard if we got our money back)

He has nice hair though.

At 78 years old, crippled with bad knees and waiting in -15 for a couple of hours at a pop-up clinic is right out for me right now.

Heck I even had to forgo our Christmas CAS Match!!

5 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

No disrespect to your kin, but they are just following the policies that they have been given. They only have the word of their superiors in their respective fields, who are getting THAT from...... The Government. 

The policies passed down from On High are formed by the same people, (Fauci, the CDC, etc), that are trying to condition The People that they don't know what's best for themselves, and that they should listen to their Betters in government..

#1 nurse is now 4 days getting her ass kicked from the Pfizer booster.
103.2 for three days, subsiding now.
She is done with getting boosters.

Food for thought: 
Illegals and indigents use the emergency room for medical care, because they cannot be turned away.
Even though they cannot pay, they receive care.

Everybody who enters the ER is tested for covid.
If positive, they now have "covid" on their admission forms.
And... the hospital gets some $13,000 from the gov't where they would otherwise collect nothing from the indigent.

The news services are already writing stories about NY hospitals are 50% inflated as to true covid cases vs "infected with covid" but not hospitalized for it.

Cui bono... follow the money

Archived