SASS Wire Forum

WTS winchester m1 garand lower price

Trigger Mike

I want to sell my all correct winchester m1 garand.  It was made between June and October 1943 according to Duff.  I checked each part with the book.  Muzzle wear is 1 and 1/2 .  I fired 16 rounds out of it years ago and it did not jam.  It hit my target at 100 yards.  

It includes a bayonet , cleaning kit and grease that is pictured.  It also includes a cartridge belt.  I cam throw in an enbloc clip.  

$4,000 shipped and insured.   Now $3,300 shipped and insured .  Take major bank certified funds, my bank holds those a couple of days,  then will ship.  

20220105_171738.jpg

20220105_171743.jpg

20220105_171818.jpg

20220105_171825.jpg

You are not off on your price. Correct is valuable and a Winchester is rare these days, put them together and you’ve got a super collectible. I have an all correct SA M1 and an all correct Saginaw Steering Gear both correct and I would sell either for what you’re asking. I wish I could afford another. 
I’d wish you good luck but you won’t need it. 

3 hours ago, Mezcal Charlie said:

You are not off on your price. Correct is valuable and a Winchester is rare these days, put them together and you’ve got a super collectible. I have an all correct SA M1 and an all correct Saginaw Steering Gear both correct and I would sell either for what you’re asking. I wish I could afford another. 
I’d wish you good luck but you won’t need it. 

Thanks.  I decided that there is no point just letting it sit there.  My sons aren't into it like I was when I bought it.   They just like the garand because they use one in their video game.  

There was a guy who would regularly go to the CMP and get a ton of various collectable rifles and bring them to the gunshow off Indian trail rd in gwinnet County GA and set up a table.  All of his guns were top notch and none of the rack grade stuff .  He charged for it though.  The CMP knew all about it.  

Matter of fact whenever someone would complain to the CMP about him reselling CMP rifles the CMP would reply on their forum that their stated goal is to sell rifles, not keep them .  They would Crack down on some people but never him, so the conjecture was that they were working together .  

Have you listed this on the CMP forums? You might get a better response there. Also gunbroker seems to be getting pretty good prices for the people flipping CMP Garands you might do well there . As with anything the higher the price gets the smaller the pool of buyers usually gets . 
It’s a nice gun form a desirable manufacturer but requires finding the right person 

I have a local gunshop that will list guns for a fee on GB , most people feel better about buying something from someone with allot of positive feedback and a long established record. I believe it’s been worth his fee . Not worth it if I’m looking to get rid of something common and low dollar but it’s worked ok for me on more rare higher priced guns . Don’t know if you have anyone like that near you 

That is a good idea.  I'll ask.  The last time I took a garand to a local dealer he paid me more than he usually does when I put something on consignment so I figured he might have put it on line somewhere.  It was a mix master m1 garand, nothing special. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Trigger Mike changed the title to WTS winchester m1 garand lower price

Archived