SASS Wire Forum

WTT/WTS Vaquero 44 Special for Winchester 45

Have decided to not buy another and see if anyone has a Winchester short rifle they would trade. Must be a Winchester not a Uberti and be preferably a CCH finish 73 or a 66 .45 short rifle in excellent condition.

The trade item is a 44 Special, assume it was a Lipsey’s offering. As you can see it is stainless, 4.62 inch barrel, marked as simply Ruger Vaquero even though it is a New Vaquero.

PM me what you have if it meets these criteria.

Since nobody seems to have a trade, would sell for $1400 $1300 plus shipping if not in upstate SC region for local delivery.

This will be the only price drop prior to selling on other venues.

Thanks for looking..

22FDFEE2-935E-4837-BC28-59CC448639DA.jpeg

I had ten, but sold a couple and have eight left - the three on the right w/SBH hammers I'm keeping for myself. Does yours have a lock under the grip? According to my notes, I have one with no lock, and the rest have locks. Tough to find - only 503 made in this configuration. Take your heart meds, and I'll PM you a price. PM me your s/n - who knows, I might have one consecutive to it. ;)44Vaqueros.thumb.jpg.0a4b765ddf76a871b083edad0273f20d.jpg 

6 hours ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

I had ten, but sold a couple and have eight left - the three on the right w/SBH hammers I'm keeping for myself. Does yours have a lock under the grip? According to my notes, I have one with no lock, and the rest have locks. Tough to find - only 503 made in this configuration. Take your heart meds, and I'll PM you a price. PM me your s/n - who knows, I might have one consecutive to it. ;)44Vaqueros.thumb.jpg.0a4b765ddf76a871b083edad0273f20d.jpg 

And I thought I loved .44 spcl a lot!  Wow!

6 hours ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

Here is yet again another post that requires an AWESOME button. :D

Another discerning individual who appreciates the .44 Special.  Whenever there is a discussion about the Vaquero/New Vaquero “naming convention” this is the first exception.

I’ve read several accounts of shooters who got great deals on .44 Special New Vaqueros or Flattop Blackhawks because they languish on gun store shelves, but I was never that lucky.

6 hours ago, Abe E.S. Corpus SASS #87667 said:

I’ve read several accounts of shooters who got great deals on .44 Special New Vaqueros or Flattop Blackhawks because they languish on gun store shelves, but I was never that lucky.

That was the story with the first two I bought several years ago, "We've had them for two years and can't get rid of them". They gave them to me for less than .357's and .45's were going for at the time. MSRP on Vaqueros right now is a whopping $1019, and I saw one of these go for $1649, shipped, a couple months ago, USED. :o

3 minutes ago, Carolina Reaper said:

...I'm not actually in the hardcore 44 special fanbase that seems to exist.

I wasn't either until I read a bunch of Elmer Keith and Skeeter Skelton stuff. Now I'm hooked. :D

I lusted after a pair of blued . 44's but couldn't find any so I ordered a consecutive pair of the ss .44's 510 series when Lipseys did a run. Love these guns. Wish I had a spare or two.

2 hours ago, Carolina Reaper said:

Y'all are making me think I should be selling instead of buying..:wacko: - I'm not actually in the hardcore 44 special fanbase that seems to exist.

Well ,  it might be that you could trade your 44 Special up pretty close to a pair of 357's or 45's.

Aways back before the rarity was obvious , I had a pair , one each blue and SS , of the 3 1/2" models. Have also had a couple of the blue flattops. Sold or traded all of them over a period of time. That is how much foresight sticks to me. Won't even get into Colts or USFA pairs. Too sad.

Rex :D , who is always late.:(:lol::P

PS: Have been a 44 fan from way back .:D

• Carolina Reaper changed the title to WTT Vaquero 44 Special for Winchester 45

I like my 44 special, I have a pair of Colt New Frontiers in 44spl, 5.5 in barrel and usually shoot light loaded 44 Russians in them. I want to get a blue and a nicle set of Colts in 44spl, but every time I buy one something goes  and i have to use the money for something else.

• Carolina Reaper changed the title to WTT/WTS Vaquero 44 Special for Winchester 45
  • 1 month later...

Archived