SASS Wire Forum

So sick of this China Flu

Buckshot Bear

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Slapshot said:

I always wonder how many unvaccinated have had the same mild symptoms?

But I agree with you. 

I’ve heard of it , but have never known anyone who had mild symptoms that was unvaccinated. I would imagine it would be in younger people, and I guess it also depends on what is considered mild . I was just getting over Covid about the time Trump implemented the travel ban from China and my wife got it a little over a year ago and we both felt like crap for about 3 weeks. And are both in our 50’s . My wife got vaccinated shortly after she recovered, I had to wait a while to qualify. Since then we have been living life pretty normal and not had any problems. 
I live in a town that has a corporation that has plants in China and used to have people regularly traveling between here and China , I’m guessing that’s how I got it so early in the plandemic 

8 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

1.5 million people die of TB every year Worldwide.  That is not a lot out of a global population of more than one Sagan humans.

Covid is a worldwide pandemic so I used that number.  The Covid death rate is around 1.5 % of those who show symptoms, not as frightening as the 30% fatalities caused by smallpox.  It took over 20 years of international effort to rid the world of smallpox, (1967-1980) which remains the only human viral disease to ever be eradicated.  Further evidence that Covid and its variants are not going to be eliminated or “beaten” anytime soon (like within our lifetimes).

In 1918 something like 50 million people worldwide died from that pandemic  that was going around, the world population was something like 1.5 billion!! Pretty serious pandemic compared to this one today!

1 hour ago, Buckshot Bob said:

I’ve heard of it , but have never known anyone who had mild symptoms that was unvaccinated. I would imagine it would be in younger people, and I guess it also depends on what is considered mild . I was just getting over Covid about the time Trump implemented the travel ban from China and my wife got it a little over a year ago and we both felt like crap for about 3 weeks. And are both in our 50’s . My wife got vaccinated shortly after she recovered, I had to wait a while to qualify. Since then we have been living life pretty normal and not had any problems. 
I live in a town that has a corporation that has plants in China and used to have people regularly traveling between here and China , I’m guessing that’s how I got it so early in the plandemic 

Awe, but it is there they just don't report it because if they did people wouldn't get vaccinated. I had covid right after my wife got it. About 6 months ago. Oddly enough we had just got vaccinated, so coincidence or not?

I'm in my late 50's me and the wife both had the Delta variant. Kicked our butt but still about like a bad case of the flu without the sniffles. IWe have been blessed as she is vunerable do to health issues. This being the reason we choose to take the vaccine. Did it help? Yes it made her feel safer. Other than that who knows with all the lies no one will ever know the truth.

1 hour ago, Slapshot said:

Other than that who knows with all the lies no one will ever know the truth.

I rely on my son who is a grunt on the ground.  Understand he's a nut that didn't fall far from the tree, so he's prone to reasoning things out for himself. He sees lots of folks that's taken all their shots and followed the Minnesota mandates, etc but still come down with Covid and some die.  I asked him about the omicron variation.  He says they don't know. 

His uptake is,  all the testimony about how this pandemic has been bungled and mismanaged is being suppressed by the government,  CDC/WHO, social media,  and party propaganda that passes under the disguise as news. 

5 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

I’m convinced the vaccine works in the sense that it will lessen the effects of the infection. I know of quite a number of people who are vaccinated and have tested positive and haven’t even felt as bad as having the common cold . But as for long term effects only time will tell . To me it makes sense to get vaccinated if your older and/or have medical problems. But if I was younger and healthy I highly doubt I would have got it . And I don’t think anyone should be forced to get it , especially since I’ve seen no evidence that it does anything to stop the spread, it simply seems to lessen the effects of it , which to someone with medical complications could be significant 

I agree with you fully. If I was 50 yrs old or less, and without pre-existing complications, as I am presently, I would have never gotten the vaccine.

The school notified me today that a classmate tested positive and since my son was on class with the positive kid he has to wear a mask for 10 days, unless he shows symptoms,  then come home for 5 days, then a mask for 10 days.  

He had it before really bad.  I made him do his chores of feeding the chickens to force him out in the sunshine and fresh air and get him out of bed and he barely had the strength to make it back home.  Turns out later we found it, that was the best thing to keep him out of the hospital.   

None of the rest of us got it.  We will see how it goes this time.  My sister and her husband who traveled here from.maone thru new york and Pennsylvania came a couple of weeks ago and I started getting sock with a sore throat and sinus and runny nose so I'm hoping it was the virus and I will be immune.  

30 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

I made him do his chores of feeding the chickens to force him out in the sunshine and fresh air and get him out of bed and he barely had the strength to make it back home.  Turns out later we found it, that was the best thing to keep him out of the hospital.   

Family near us had a grandma die of natural causes.  Her widower didn't feel well at the funeral.  Many of the folks at the funeral came down with undiagnosed Covid.  The family we're know well, didn't go to the doctor or get tested.  They just self quarantined and suffered through it.  I suspected there was a lot of cases like this.  

13 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

Ya knoe, .... it's been a while since I've heard the word "delta" .....    :unsure:

Havent heard much about the flu either.

On 1/5/2022 at 12:20 AM, Trigger Mike said:

I actually see a light at the end of the tunnel. 

I look at ga dept of health every weekday.  I follow the numbers closely.   

Ga reported 55,000 today for the last 4 days.  There was a glitch postponing numbers yesterday.  That number divided by 4 averages fewer per day than we had Friday.  I'm betting Wednesday will trend down.   

Our hospital says on tge radio there are only 2 cases in the hospital. 

Atlanta hospitals are afraid they will be overwhelmed,  only they don't have many cases either.  

Omicron is mild with no lung problems usually.   Some Dr's are saying that indicates it may be running its course.  

I also read a report that the vaccine increases your chances of getting omicron, but does make the symptoms milder.   The report said nonvacinnated gave a slim chance of getting omicron but having worse symptoms.   That would indicate herd immunity. 

Funny I talked to a CDC employee today that works in a department that handles statistics and the dissemination of such. She reviews the stats and is in on the know of where federal money goes and what for.

Her words were that Covid is real, but the CDC is political. The director is an idiot. The stats on deaths are schewed. Stats on vaccine complications are schewed. Stats on vaccine deaths are suppressed, known to the CDC and into 6 digits in the US. Vaccinations without quarantines just send mildly sick people around to spread Covid, just like flu vaccines always has. There is no room for a difference of opinion at the CDC. There is no room for alternate treatments to what the CDC has prescribed, which in one regard is medical malpractice. The director and management regularly work to intimidate employees.

This is from a trusted source, a CDC employee.

9 minutes ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

Havent heard much about the flu either.

I remember the year that the H1N1 flu was real bad , for killing old people I would bet it was on par with Covid . But then we had a president the press adored and the Obama administrations solution was to stop keeping track when it got really bad . This whole thing is as much a social experiment as anything else  

7 minutes ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

Funny I talked to a CDC employee today that works in a department that handles statistics and the dissemination of such. She reviews the stats and is in on the know of where federal money goes and what for.

Her words were that Covid is real, but the CDC is political. The director is an idiot. The stats on deaths are schewed. Stats on vaccine complications are schewed. Stats on vaccine deaths are suppressed, known to the CDC and into 6 digits in the US. Vaccinations without quarantines just send mildly sick people around to spread Covid, just like flu vaccines always has. There is no room for a difference of opinion at the CDC. There is no room for alternate treatments to what the CDC has prescribed, which in one regard is medical malpractice. The director and management regularly work to intimidate employees.

This is from a trusted source, a CDC employee.

CDC .....

..... isn't that the mob that got it's funding pulled by Clinton because it was telling lies about firearms etc. .... ?:huh:

7 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

CDC .....

..... isn't that the mob that got it's funding pulled by Clinton because it was telling lies about firearms etc. .... ?:huh:

Actually the government always tries to use them as a tool to try to say guns are a health crisis in America. But there was one study that didn’t turn out the way they wanted it so the press suppress it , and I’m guessing the people that did that study no longer work for the cdc . 

The last stats I saw opioids killed more people in the US last year than Covid . So you would thinking that’s what the press would be fear mongering about every day and the government would be funding but you honestly don’t hear that much about it 

People are having milder symptoms this go around because the omicron strain has less severe symptoms than say the 1st 3 strains. So is it really because people are vaccinated or is that what the Gov just wants you to believe? And since there are allot of vaccinated people getting it, I'd bet the strain has less severe symptoms rather than the vaccine causign less severe symptoms.

But, going back to the original post…….I too am sick of it. ;)

Uno and I were diagnosed with Omicron today.  That makes it our second round of COVID in less than a year.  I told my brother just as an FYI.  He made it sound as if I should expect to die because I have it again and we're not vaccinated, shame on us.  I told him thanks for his concern.  I wanted to tell him to stop watching so much media hysteria but I knew that comment would get me nowhere.

World Health Organisation declares Omicron variant is not ‘mild’

The World Health Organisation has issued an urgent message to the world’s governments, warning of a “tsunami” of Covid cases.

https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/global/world-health-organisation-declares-omicron-variant-is-not-mild/news-story/1972610119da581b2082243fa5cb09d3

1 hour ago, Calamity Kris said:

Uno and I were diagnosed with Omicron today.  That makes it our second round of COVID in less than a year.  I told my brother just as an FYI.  He made it sound as if I should expect to die because I have it again and we're not vaccinated, shame on us.  I told him thanks for his concern.  I wanted to tell him to stop watching so much media hysteria but I knew that comment would get me nowhere.

I've had it at least twice.  The first time was before lockdown and before tests.  Knocked me pretty good for a couple of weeks.  Thankfully I was able to work from home.

The 2nd time was this past October.  Taste and smell a little diminished.  Brain fog for 6 or 8 weeks.  Cough and sore throat.  No fever.  That was about it.  And no, I haven't been jabbed.  I'm not against it, but waiting to see if there's a real vaccine that will prevent infection and transmission, rather than the therapeutic treatment in the current jabs.

I've done a rather large amount of reading on viruses and infectious agents.  This one will continue to mutate.  It will cause less and less in the way of symptoms and likely get more highly transmissible.  It "wants" (yes, I know that term really doesn't apply as a virus doesn't think) to find a host and not kill the host.  That's how it "wins" the evolutionary game.

We're stuck with it.  It's endemic.  Time for the folks in charge to wake up to that fact. 

If you disagree, that's fine.  I'm not going to debate it.

On 1/5/2022 at 11:53 PM, John Ruth said:

Yeah, I'm very suspicious of the numbers as well. They'll over report the deaths, but under report the problems from the vaccines. I feel bad for you Buckshot since everything I've seen about Australia is basically full martial law lockdowns and crazy overreaches of power. Is it actually that bad or is what I'm seeing being exaggerated? 

Australia is being run by a bunch of looneys that don't have a clue !!! It's total lunacy what's been happening & still going on.

Main strem media & all the sheep that follow them ..that much BS going around & people believe it.

Yes it is as bad as what you are seeing ..& worse.

5 minutes ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

Australia is being run by a bunch of looneys that don't have a clue !!! It's total lunacy what's been happening & still going on.

Main strem media & all the sheep that follow them ..that much BS going around & people believe it.

Enlighten us? 

28 minutes ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

It’s really the same here in the US , we’re just fortunate we have the constitution that our politicians are constantly trying to subvert. They work diligently to violate it as often as they can 

27 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

It would be interesting to know what you're talking about. 

Right..Firstly these are my opinions & observations.

Australia has a piss ant Prime minister who sits on the fence, says no mandates for the jab should be in place by the state Premiers but than says ' oh well if your employer wants you to be jabbed then that's ok, mind you if that wanker opposition leader Albanese had the reins we would be trully stuffed.! Police forces that act like Gestapo, unnecessary lockdowns sending businesses broke, an experimental jab [ I will never call it a vaccine as they did the job they were supposed to ].............

that is killing people yet we keep getting told it is safe, more jabbed in hospital than unjabbed. Always changing the period of time to have the booster. Why only the major pharmaceuticals supplying the jabs, why haven't alternatives that are being used in other countries being tried [ there are many & I'm not going to list them ]..we keep getting told that when the jabbed percentage is up then the country will open up,,well the numbers are up but they are talking more lockdowns..you know why ?..because again the numbers are fudged, there ain't that many jabbed that they are saying.

Testing centers that are a joke.. firstly we are told at the slightest sign go to your doctor, now it's only if you have difficulty breathing ...so if this is as bad as they say  why are masks just thrown in the rubbish bin or in a lot of cases left in the street & then in some instances worn day after day.

There are many many medical professionals that dispute what is going on & how it is being handled, what does that say ?

Teachers at schools saying to children ''..oh this is your decision it doesn't concern your parents'..you should have the jab....yeah right so where has the parents responsibility till the child is of age ?

Just lie after lie, figures that change every day..the segregation, bullying tactics.

I don't care if someone has the jab..the same as it is our choice not to have it..

Been told we are pure bloods..I'II take that !

Lots of other things I could raise but I think you get my drift & feelings.

In the 1920s pandemic travel was very limited, a lot of the world then never travelled 50 miles from where they were born, now with literally millions of people moving between countries and hemispheres  on a daily basis its hard to see how this pandemic (and new variants) will ever end. Saying that it (all the variants) is endemic now for the human race is merely semantics. 

I wish the undeniable proof had come to light of where this had originated from. China's infection figures (if they can be believed) of a mere 174 new cases for the last 24 hours out of a 1.4b population is extremely low. I wonder how long they will be able to keep it that low, especially with the Winter Olympics kicking off very soon.

14 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

wish the undeniable proof had come to light of where this had originated from. China's infection figures (if they can be believed) of a mere 174 new cases for the last 24 hours out of a 1.4b population is extremely low. I wonder how long they will be able to keep it that low, especially with the Winter

There is no way anything coming out of China can be believed. It’s hard enough to find out the truth in non communist countries , let alone one that controls its people and press the way China does 

54 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

There is no way anything coming out of China can be believed. It’s hard enough to find out the truth in non communist countries , let alone one that controls its people and press the way China does 

I highly doubt there is anything coming out of any Government or Government agency like the CDC and the WHO that can be trusted. Covid has been one or the biggest lies yet in history. 

3 minutes ago, Slapshot said:

I highly doubt there is anything coming out of any Government or Government agency like the CDC and the WHO that can be trusted. Covid has been one or the biggest lies yet in history. 

But at least here in the US and in some other countries you have a few independent reporters and Doctors that are willing to state something that does not fit the government agenda . I agree that the corporate/MSM just pushes the government narrative for the most part. Anyone in China going against the government narrative gets disappeared in short order 

48 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

But at least here in the US and in some other countries you have a few independent reporters and Doctors that are willing to state something that does not fit the government agenda . I agree that the corporate/MSM just pushes the government narrative for the most part. Anyone in China going against the government narrative gets disappeared in short order 

Yes and as quickly as they speak out they are pretty much silenced. So while a few try to speak out the Governments and main stream media make it seem to the masses that the ones speaking out are crazy, or disgruntled in some way not knowing or just plain lying about what they are saying. 

And don't think this US Government isn't so corrupt as to not take your life when you are deemed a threat. 

The “Spanish Flu” of 1918 killed at least 50 million people worldwide; some estimates go as high as 100 million deaths worldwide.  Your chart says there have been 5 million deaths worldwide from Covid. The world’s population in 1918 was 1.8 billion.  The world’s population today is 7.9 billion.  If Covid were as deadly as the Spanish Flu, there would be about 200 to 400 million deaths, not 5.

The US population was 105 million in 1918, 500,000 to 800,000 died.  The US population today is about 3.5 times as large.  So if the 858,000 number in your chart is correct, Covid is about 1/4 as likely to kill you.

Your headline is misleading.  What news agency do you work for?

13 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

The “Spanish Flu” of 1918 killed at least 50 million people worldwide; some estimates go as high as 100 million deaths worldwide.  Your chart says there have been 5 million deaths worldwide from Covid. The world’s population in 1918 was 1.8 billion.  The world’s population today is 7.9 billion.  If Covid were as deadly as the Spanish Flu, there would be about 200 to 400 million deaths, not 5.

The US population was 105 million in 1918, 500,000 to 800,000 died.  The US population today is about 3.5 times as large.  So if the 858,000 number in your chart is correct, Covid is about 1/4 as likely to kill you.

Your headline is misleading.  What news agency do you work for?

Not my headline, its a headline that's everywhere -

https://www.google.com/search?q=Covid-19+overtakes+1918+Spanish+flu+as+deadliest+disease+in+American+history&oq=Covid-19+overtakes+1918+Spanish+flu+as+deadliest+disease+in+American+history&aqs=edge..69i57j69i60l2&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Archived