SASS Wire Forum

Original 1873 Rifle, 38-40, 30 inch barrel. $3750.00. Added 19 New Pictures

1873 Winchester Rifle

Manufacturer in 1890

Caliber 38 WCF (38-40)

Serial number has a B after it

30 inch Octagon barrel ( Special Order rifle)

It has a single set trigger (small screw by trigger for adjustment)

It has 3 cleaning rods in the stock (they are really old)

Everything functions correctly, I fired 3 low power rounds thru it and the brass looks good, no head space issue.

The barrel has rifling in it with some pits, not shiny but could use more cleaning, I hit the target with i

$3750.00 plus shipping.

Since I am in Illinois and they keep changing the rules as fast as they can make them up, it will be shipped thru my FFL dealer here.

If you are close enough to meet, FTF will be considered. I will be at National Gun Day Gun Show Saturday in Louisville, KY.

Although I am primary looking for cash, I would consider the following items for trade:

Uberti 1873 in 38spl/357 or 44 special, prefer an original rifle, no work done to it

SKB Double barrel shotgun, 12 ga (prefered) or 20ga, orginal, no work has been done to it.

3rd generation Colt SAA, Nickle or blue, 5 1/2 or 4 3/4 barrel. Caliber 44spl or 38/357.

If you want to discuss anything about the rifle or maybe a video phone call to see it, PM me and I will send a number.

20220101_213423.jpg

20220101_213427.jpg

20220101_213434.jpg

20220101_213440.jpg

a.JPG

b.JPG

c.JPG

d.JPG

e.JPG

f.JPG

g.JPG

h.JPG

I talked to the Cody Museum and it takes $75 and 4 weeks + to get paper, however they said they should have a record. I talked to the Winchecter Collectors Association and they want a bunch pictures and $35 to join and then they can appraise it. If it does not sell at the gun show, I will be looking into these options.

• Maddog McCoy SASS #5672 changed the title to Original 1873 Rifle, 38-40, 30 inch barrel. $3750.00. Added 19 New Pictures

A fantastic piece of western history!  Would love a gun like that old smoke pole in my collection.....if it could only talk!!!

PS.....you really need to get that gun outside in some good light and retake photos......it's really hard to see the condition in the low light.

Would luv to know the history from the first owner and what it was used for.  Those are part of the history of this country

Archived