SASS Wire Forum

Ballad Of Buster Scruggs on Netflix

Can't remember if this film has been mentioned, or discussed, but wanted to recommend it. It is very entertaining, it is a product of the Coen brothers and is meticulously done. It is a series of short stories, some silly, some funny and some serious, but all are extremely well-acted, the stories are clever/sophisticated, the costuming, scenery (settings) are all amazing. Watch particularly for Miss Longabaugh in one story; if you don't want to adopt her or marry her before it's over.....well, she's great. Did I mention it's all westerns. Anyhow, try it, you'll like it. And if this has already been hashed and re-hashed here before, my apologies.

You're welcome.

Ornery Cuss

Loved that movie.

Lot of great stuff in that thing.

Many good things, some a little too grim. My favorite, though, was the one with Tom Waits as the old prospector; it's a Jack London story, exact almost to the last detail.

Must admit I come back to youTube clips of Buster at the cantina and then with Surly Joe in town......

And yes, we've discussed it here a lot.

The first two skits (Buster Scruggs and the "first time" guy) were pretty good. After that it went downhill. I especially hated the one with Liam Neeson and the guy with no limbs. Not sure what the point was watching the poor guy be treated like garbage then finally killed off.

8 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

The first two skits (Buster Scruggs and the "first time" guy) were pretty good. After that it went downhill. I especially hated the one with Liam Neeson and the guy with no limbs. Not sure what the point was watching the poor guy be treated like garbage then finally killed off.

Yep. After that one, with the guy with no limbs, we decided we were done. Definitely enjoyed the first couple though.

12 minutes ago, Possum Stu said:

Yep. After that one, with the guy with no limbs, we decided we were done. Definitely enjoyed the first couple though.

That one was too grim, but the others were good. "All Gold Canyon", based on a Jack London story of the same name, with Tom Waits as the prospector, was really excellent.

2 minutes ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

That one was too grim, but the others were good. "All Gold Canyon", based on a Jack London story of the same name, with Tom Waits as the prospector, was really excellent.

All Gold Canyon was a good one too, agreed. 

Archived