SASS Wire Forum

SASS “One in a Thousand” engraved Vaqueros value survey

Mezcal Charlie

I’m trying to get a feel for the value of a pair of Ruger “One in a Thousand” hand engraved by Ruger Institute of Art, sequentially numbered, 45 LC with 5.5 inch barrels and faux ivory grips. Shot very little if any in a glass topped presentation case. 
   I know guns are worth what someone is willing to pay but I’m looking for opinions to see if there’s a high average or should I keep, shoot regularly and basically forget the investment angle. I shoot the guns I own. No safe queens but if I can buy other lovely guns like a 1st Gen colt or a 19th century Winchester then selling is a good idea. 
  Love to hear what you might have to say. 

7B5B4E94-91DE-4C1F-8893-5EEA92551B01.jpeg

https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/76/930/cased-pair-of-one-of-one-thousand-ruger-new-vaquero-revolvers

This is 2-years old but should give an idea.

If the guns you have are NIB and you want shooters, I'd personally sell them off and buy a pair of standard Rugers and use the extra cash towards other guns and gear.

I have two sets one I shoot the other still NIB.  As long as they are not abused the used ones will be 75% of the NIB. They are not making any more. 

Shoot them.  I don't buy unless I'm shooting them.  Think of the looks at the loading and unloading table.  Don't know how good you shoot but think how good you will look shooting them!

One time Dusty Rogers told me when his Dad was presented with a Roy Rogers Rifle .

He said i hope it shoots as good as it looks.

The person that gave it to him said, you aren't going to shoot it ?

Roy said no sence in having a Firearm , if you don't shoot it .

SHOOT IT .

Archived