SASS Wire Forum

What to do???

Rye Miles #13621

46 minutes ago, Chickasaw Bill SASS #70001 said:

If you get the CMMG kit , you need to send a couple full power rounds down the barrel to clean out the gas system 

something that just came to mind about the system 

CB 

How often would you need to do this? I am considering one of these CMMG units as well. 

it is my understanding , you need to do this after using 22lr , the 22lr is pretty dirty , and the CMMG kit replaces the bolt with a "blowback" system 

so , you need to pop a couple of em off to clear the "GUNK" out of the gas tube , the AR is a gas system , that can plug up 

I would do it every time I was finished up playing with the 22lr kit , before I cleaned the rifle 

I never had any issues , when I did this , no plugging of the gas tube or port 

Chickasaw Bill 

33 minutes ago, Chickasaw Bill SASS #70001 said:

it is my understanding , you need to do this after using 22lr , the 22lr is pretty dirty , and the CMMG kit replaces the bolt with a "blowback" system 

so , you need to pop a couple of em off to clear the "GUNK" out of the gas tube , the AR is a gas system , that can plug up 

I would do it every time I was finished up playing with the 22lr kit , before I cleaned the rifle 

I never had any issues , when I did this , no plugging of the gas tube or port 

Chickasaw Bill 

I just read about cleaning the gun and gas system afterwards. I think I will skip this idea. But Thank You. 

17 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

The problem ain't the calibre-s, .......... it's the "semi-auto-ness" of the whole thing that is the problem   :(

I "might" have a few semi autos in .556 but I wanted to get something for my grandson to shoot in the same caliber without burning a bunch of ammo.  So I got a bolt action in .556 that takes regular AR mags, you can see the spec here. I also got one in 300 AAC as well.

Kajun

On 1/4/2022 at 6:55 PM, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

Is  trading really selling? :P  :ph34r:

Yeah, it is. I like all I have now and I've made some mistakes in the past. Missing my FN FAL real bad.

Back in '16 I bought a bare receiver.  Didn't have any burning desire for an AR, but thought I'd buy it while I could.  Over the next four years I collected or was gifted parts, until I finally had the complete set.

So, it's been assembled for over a year.  Laagering in my safe.  

It's never been fired.  Perhaps I never will fire it.  Dunno...

But the important thing is, I have it!   ^_^

1938310432_AR-153.jpg.b9f9c2c7555c7c81f85e35ed2794ae97.jpg

Archived