SASS Wire Forum

So. No apple pie for me.

Utah Bob #35998

Turns out the Mrs Smith’s pie I have in the freezer is Pumpkin not apple…... :angry:

but in the back I found these apple delights. I cooked a couple to have with this evenings entertainment. 
:lol:

D0BB8A8D-3433-4960-89F6-B5EC637E2E66.jpeg

75EC4615-B641-413C-967F-A3C2FE0BF7D3.jpeg

96184359-AF85-4288-B3B1-16D1C20C2144.jpeg

Interesting that the men of the 24th Foot, a predominantly Welshman regiment, mostly have Cockney accents. That’s Hollywood.  :lol:

31 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Turns out the Mrs Smith’s pie I have in the freezer is Pumpkin not apple…... :angry:

but in the back I found these apple delights. I cooked a couple to have with this evenings entertainment. 
:lol:

D0BB8A8D-3433-4960-89F6-B5EC637E2E66.jpeg

75EC4615-B641-413C-967F-A3C2FE0BF7D3.jpeg

96184359-AF85-4288-B3B1-16D1C20C2144.jpeg

Sounds like an enjoyable evening.  Great choice of movie.

20 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Interesting that the men of the 24th Foot, a predominantly Welshman regiment, mostly have Cockney accents. That’s Hollywood.  :lol:

Wasn't the Warwickshire Regiment mostly English with only about 15% Taffy's?

Reminiscing:   Many, many years ago VHS technology started to dominate the video industry.  Prices came down and were becoming available. But Mary was totally opposed to buying a machine and with good reason. Even though they cost 1/3 of what the previous machines,  they were still a month's pay.  But, without consulting Mary, one Friday I rented a player and two tapes - Zulu and On Golden Pond.  By renting of Friday,  you basically got Sunday free.  But still the tape rental was something like $10 ea and required a $50 deposit. New movies cost something like $90. Mary was so impressed that we went shopping for a player on Saturday.  You couldn't just go to Wally-World and have 50 models from to choose.  Only the big electronics stores had them. We bought an Akai brand that had just brought out a lower price than other brands.  Buying movies was beyond our budget but rental places started to crop up and costs came down. 

Flash forward.  I think we paid less than $40 for our current DVD/Blu-ray player and it wasn't the cheapest.   We've amassed hundreds of DVDs from the discount bins and "previously viewed" racks - most $5 or under. Mary brings bags full home the public library for free. Lately I've been shopping on ebay for found no where else titles.   Most average $5/ea delivered.  Zulu and On Golden Pond is in our collection. 

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Wasn't the Warwickshire Regiment mostly English with only about 15% Taffy's?

Couldn’t say. I’m pretty familiar with the 24th foot but not so much the Warwickshire Lads.

7 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Couldn’t say. I’m pretty familiar with the 24th foot but not so much the Warwickshire Lads.

I'm likely remembering wrong, but at that time wasn't the 24th still the 2nd Warwickshire?

Archived