SASS Wire Forum

Faith Hill anti cowboy hat?

Alpo

On another forum they were discussing anti-gun Faith Hill and Tim McGraw being in a TV show where they use guns often, and someone made a comment about her requesting fans not wear cowboy hats to her concerts.

Does anyone know the reason given? Or even if there was a reason given?

I could kinda understand this if it was a movie, where you're sitting down. You're sitting in front of me with a big hat on, and I can't see the screen. But a concert?

Just now, Alpo said:

On another forum they were discussing anti-gun Faith Hill and Tim McGraw being in a TV show where they use guns often, and someone made a comment about her requesting fans not wear cowboy hats to her concerts.

I could kinda understand this if it was a movie, where you're sitting down. You're sitting in front of me with a big hat on, and I can't see the screen. But a concert?

Most of the people at concerts are so far back they have to look at the big screens to see anything so can understand that.

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

I haven’t heard that but I wouldn’t be surprised from anything coming out of her mouth. She’s a whacko!!

9 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Who cares?

If she vanished from the face of the earth would the world change?

Well YEAH.  1883 would go off the air.  Now, would the world change if 1883 got cancelled?  Have no idea since I won't pay to watch it.  So far my life is no worse than normal.

3 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I've likely heard some of her work, and his work, but my first inclination was to ask, "Who?"  and then I googled the names.  

You must not listen to country much.

28 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

You must not listen to country much.

Or I don't pay attention to the names.

In the car we have SiriusXM and usually have it on Bluegrass Junction. If not that, Willie's Roadhouse, Prime Country, or Bakersfield Beat (I think that's what it's called).

6 minutes ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

I don't. I'd never heard of them. The great thing about the Saloon is I learned who they were and to hate them all at the same time!

Can’t say as I hate them.  Just don’t agree with em.

Too much hate goin around these days for me.

It could be to stop hats from being thrown during the concert. Just pure speculation but I have heard stories of clothing getting thrown at stars. 

2 hours ago, Cholla said:

It could be to stop hats from being thrown during the concert. Just pure speculation but I have heard stories of clothing getting thrown at stars. 

Mostly ladies undergarments. 
I would never throw one of my hats. Not even a cheap one. :lol:

8 hours ago, Cholla said:

Tom Jones used to get a bunch of ladies underwear thrown at him!!:P

9 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Tom Jones used to get a bunch of ladies underwear thrown at him!!:P

My wife used to sing in a band several decades ago. Every band member at the time was almost double her age and many had played with famous acts over the years. I heard many stories and what women will do to get attention and why a musician shouldn’t stand too close to the edge of the stage…

9 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Can’t say as I hate them.  Just don’t agree with em.

Too much hate goin around these days for me.

Agree totally.

I have liked some of the songs they put out.

Faith has not put out anything in a long time.

Or at least that made it to the radio.

I remember her reaction when Carrie Underwood beat her out for a award. 

It was kind of funny/sad. Have not heard much from her from that point on.

Then Carrie took over singing before the Monday night football show that Faith use to do.

Think the hat thing may be just so folk can see better. Like someone mentioned at the movies.

5 hours ago, DocWard said:

Oh... You mean the singer that took "Piece of My Heart" and ruined it.

YEAH!!!  THAT ONE!!!  :angry::rolleyes:

Archived