SASS Wire Forum

Tusco Long Riders - January Match Canceled!!

Buckaroo Bubba

Howdy All,
Due to the single digit real feel freezing temperatures for Saturday morning we have decided to cancel the match on Saturday. However, Stone Creek Drifter will be there at about 10am to get a little practice in if anyone would like to join him. There will be No scoring, No awards, No door prizes, and No Food. If you plan on joining Drifter please contact him. I can provide his number thru a personal message.
We will try again on February 5th. Stay warm!!!
Thank you!
Buckaroo Bubba

Howdy All,

Happy New Year!

Our first match of the season is schedule for this coming Saturday, January 8th.

Stay tuned, right now we are ON to shoot but the forecast is looking pretty cold. If we cancel it will be done by Friday by 8pm. Please keep an eye on our website, Facebook page, SASS Wire, and an email would be sent out if we cancel. 

Registration starts at approximately 8:45am. Mandatory Safety Meeting at 10am. 

Pam's Chuckwagon will be there with breakfast and lunch available for purchase. 

If we do shoot, COWBOY DRESS IS OPTIONAL. Dress for the weather.

If we do shoot, we will only setup 1 or 2 stages, and shoot them differently. Shooting and scoring 6 total stages.  

Please fill out a range release form, or you can fill one out at the range.

https://www.tuscolongriders.com/range-release

Thank you! 

Buckaroo Bubba

• Buckaroo Bubba changed the title to Tusco Long Riders - January Match Canceled!!
Howdy All,
Due to the single digit real feel freezing temperatures for Saturday morning we have decided to cancel the match on Saturday. However, Stone Creek Drifter will be there at about 10am to get a little practice in if anyone would like to join him. There will be No scoring, No awards, No door prizes, and No Food. If you plan on joining Drifter please contact him. I can provide his number thru a personal message.
We will try again on February 5th. Stay warm!!!
Thank you!
Buckaroo Bubba

It will be crisp and invigorating for Saturday morning practice session at Tusco. I'll be there. 

4 minutes ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

Ah come on Bubba! Where is your pioneering spirit? All three weather apps I look at have only 31° for a low and 35°-37° for a high. If it gets that warm, we might even have to chop a hole in the ice and go swimmin afterward.

1 minute ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

Ah come on Bubba! Where is your pioneering spirit? All three weather apps I look at have only 31° for a low and 35°-37° for a high. If it gets that warm, we might even have to chop a hole in the ice and go swimmin afterward.

6 degrees when we get there..

It's going to be cold here in Phoenix  this weekend. When we begin shooting this Saturday the temperature will be all the way down to around 50° with a high near 66°.

Hells Comin 

Update high will be 70°

13 hours ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

It will be crisp and invigorating for Saturday morning practice session at Tusco. I'll be there. 

I’ll be there, but I won’t promise to like it! :huh:

Laramie

I think Babba made the correct call again.

As I look out at the 8 inches of snow in my driveway, with more on the way, and the thermometer reading 13 degrees, I was still contemplating trying to come across the mountains. 

Luckily, wiser minds prevailed.

Frontier Lone Rider 

3 hours ago, Frontier Lone Rider said:

I think Babba made the correct call again.

As I look out at the 8 inches of snow in my driveway, with more on the way, and the thermometer reading 13 degrees, I was still contemplating trying to come across the mountains. 

Luckily, wiser minds prevailed.

Frontier Lone Rider 

I agree with you. I haven’t shot since mid November and hate this winter layoff for me. The roads here are not great and single digit temperatures tonight.  Guess I’ll keep reloading and practicing transitions. Hope to see all in February !

Clear skies. Sun's out. Beautiful day for shooting. Oh wait......it's only 13°. It's OK, Im wearing my Buffalo woolies.

6 hours ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

Clear skies. Sun's out. Beautiful day for shooting. Oh wait......it's only 13°. It's OK, Im wearing my Buffalo woolies.

You can’t accuse us of being too smart, but we do know how to have a good time. And my fingers will probably thaw out in a few days!  Good times with good friends.  
Laramie

14 hours ago, Hells Comin said:

Pictures?

Film froze up.:P

Archived