SASS Wire Forum

Toora township's horse parking spaces lure Gippsland rail-trail riders to stay a while

Buckshot Bear

Toora township's horse parking spaces lure Gippsland rail-trail riders to stay a while

"It's straight out of an old Western.

Anna Hopkins and her friends saddle up and ride into town, although in this scene there are no shootouts or sheriffs.

Toora, in eastern Victoria, is more of a cafe-and-art kind of place.

Horse parking spaces, like a carpark for horses, have been built on Toora's outskirts

They allow people to ride to town and stop for a "rein-free" drink or lunch

Locals hope the stables will be a tourism drawcard

Up until recently, if you rode your horse into town, you had to hold the reins while you waited for your latte.

Now, the town has horse parking spots. Six pens on the edge of Toora's shopping street".

(Just remember.......don't drink and drive. You can get arrested for riding a horse under the influence in Australia).

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-01/horse-parking-spaces-rail-trail-riders-toora-gippsland/100657946

11.JPG.fd6a1d3281efd0a1f8fb7048dd70901a.JPG

222.JPG.0e7638ee71e9b397f5792169a4f37962.JPG

3333.JPG.73e4dea313418640429a23254ff2a09d.JPG

Isn't that kind of contradictory? They say don't drink and drive (ride), but then show pictures of people with their horses, guzzling beer.

Do they have helmet laws for horses?

Reading Dick Francis horse related murder mysteries I found out that them funny looking hats that equestrians wear are actually crash helmets. I noticed in the bottom picture that two of the children are wearing these helmets, but the littlest kid is wearing a ball cap.

Here in the states they have helmet laws for bicycles, that apply to children. Do they have child helmet laws for horses in Oz?

8 hours ago, Alpo said:

Isn't that kind of contradictory? They say don't drink and drive (ride), but then show pictures of people with their horses, guzzling beer.

Do they have helmet laws for horses?

Reading Dick Francis horse related murder mysteries I found out that them funny looking hats that equestrians wear are actually crash helmets. I noticed in the bottom picture that two of the children are wearing these helmets, but the littlest kid is wearing a ball cap.

Here in the states they have helmet laws for bicycles, that apply to children. Do they have child helmet laws for horses in Oz?

Gotta' stay below 0.05 blood alcohol level

Archived