SASS Wire Forum

most current annoying commercials to our intelligence

Highwall

1. Liberty, Liberty, Liberty ...Liberty :angry:

2. Allstate (there's like 4 commercials that are beyond stupid )

2. Taco Bell (promoting the weirdos and not the product)

3. Chipotle (real food for real kitchens?) come on! 

What happened to fun videos like ....

w

I miss Bob Uecker in TV ads.  :D

The drug commercials. A sixty second commercial with the first 20 seconds extorting the (supposed) benefits of the drug and the next 40 seconds warning about taking the drug due to the fact that...you might FN die due to all of the side effects.

Second worst is ANY political commercial...they're coming up folks.:angry:

3 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

My dad has always called it the idiot box 

My ex mother-in-law would frequently refer to  television set as a "klotz box" .......

..... (she is a German immigrant) .....

I find watching the commercials with the sound on mute, to be very informative.
This lets you read the body language easier.

To reference Zork... the audience must have the collective intelligence of an unripe grapefruit.

Not annoying, just humorous.  There is some winery, don't recall the name, that advertises the chardonnay as "liquid gold.". Every time I hear that jingle I hear the old Liquid Gold furniture polish commercial with the snooty dowager saying in her snooty voice, "I only use Liquid Gold polish."

I record the shows I want to watch.  Then at a time that's convenient to me, I watch them... fast forwarding through all the commercials.  I haven't watched a commercial in ages.   There's also not a heckova lot I bother to record anymore.  Very few shows "do it" for me anymore. 

The "Sonic" ads with the moron in the passenger seat of the car etc. If the ad is stupid, the product likely is as well.:P

Sadly, every horrible annoying ad that you all mentioned by the product name has worked. You remember the product. Commercials are not supposed to be entertaining, they only have to get you to remember the product and “annoying” is one of the best ways to do that. 

This is the best one I've seen in years!

The one with SNL’s Kate McKinnon for Verizon has gotten really annoying. Kinda cute/quirky the first couple of times. But since it seems to play at virtually every commercial break, you’ll see it dozens of times over the course of something like a football game. 

13 hours ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

Sadly, every horrible annoying ad that you all mentioned by the product name has worked. You remember the product. Commercials are not supposed to be entertaining, they only have to get you to remember the product and “annoying” is one of the best ways to do that. 

I don’t remember the product at least half the time because I either mute or switch channels even it’s if only a couple minutes! I’d rather watch two minutes of anything besides a commercial. Unfortunately they seem to all time their commercial breaks together!:angry:

6 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

The one with SNL’s Kate McKinnon for Verizon has gotten really annoying. Kinda cute/quirky the first couple of times. But since it seems to play at virtually every commercial break, you’ll see it dozens of times over the course of something like a football game. 

Got tired of seeing that with the first commercial. Looks like she's heading for the outhouse after a bowl of bad chili.

On 1/2/2022 at 5:15 AM, Dantankerous said:

I miss Bob Uecker in TV ads.  :D

“He missed the tag” :lol:

19 hours ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

Remembering the product does not necessarily induce purchasing. I know Bud and like some of their commercials. 
I Never buy it. Same with Liberty insurance and dozens of others.

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Remembering the product does not necessarily induce purchasing. I know Bud and like some of their commercials. 
I Never buy it. Same with Liberty insurance and dozens of others.

Bud...

Bud...

Bud...

Used to be that the average sitcom was about 23 minutes long and the first of two commercial breaks came at the 15 minute mark. Now the shows are 15 minutes long and the breaks are every 6 minutes, and 6 minutes in length. We’ve gotten to the point where the programming is just filler between commercials.

At this point, almost all of them, but especially the ones pushing drag queens and the alphabet agenda, which seem to get more prevalent by the day, even on the Food Network...

If not for Fox News, Gunsmoke reruns, and college football I would turn the TV off!:angry:

Archived