SASS Wire Forum

Which One Of You Will Tell Them It Looks Silly?

Subdeacon Joe

They would line the Japanese heads up in the morning that they'd taken during the night along the sides of the road so the officer in charge could drive down the road and count without having to get out of his car.

Probably would not be nice to tell them. Or to tell a British RSM. Or the Pakistanis at the changing of the guard or the closing of the gate or whatever the hell it is they do.

Just snicker up your sleeve.

3 hours ago, Alpo said:

Probably would not be nice to tell them. Or to tell a British RSM. Or the Pakistanis at the changing of the guard or the closing of the gate or whatever the hell it is they do.

Just snicker up your sleeve.

Oh, those Pakistanis and Indians, I don’t know about that.

Wife and I watched the Netflix documentary "14 Peaks" on New Year's eve. It details the exploits of a former Gurkha, turned mountaineer, Nims Purja and his Project Possible. If you watch the first 45 min, as part of it relates to his Gurkha and SBS service..........Then you will always be polite to the Nepalese soldier. ALWAYS.

At first I was watching the soldiers in the second video thinking “this is silly”.  Then it dawned on me that this was a very good thing for military discipline, working as a team, aerobic exercise and weapon discipline. I doubt those knives are for show. 

15 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

At first I was watching the soldiers in the second video thinking “this is silly”.  Then it dawned on me that this was a very good thing for military discipline, working as a team, aerobic exercise and weapon discipline. I doubt those knives are for show. 

I’d bet a round of drinks those knives are inspected for sharpness before the exercise. No “show knives” in those scabbards. 

Archived