SASS Wire Forum

Hornady One Shot

Buckshot Bear

2 hours ago, Scrub Oak Willie 53737 said:

Midsouth Shooters 10 oz. sale 15.99

Willie

Actually, I just saw some at Cabela's for $28.99 for two cans. Unfortunately, these are the new build it back better prices.

Pre-pandemic, perhaps 3 years ago, I was thinking I might get back into long range precision shooting (1200-1400 yards) and needed some loading blocks for my old Rock Chucker single stage. Cabela's had One Shot lube for $ 12.99 and a promotional two pack which included a multipurpose loading block for $14.99, so I bought three. Still have 1 unopened two pack, a mostly full can and one can that has not been used at all.

Sadly I found out I suck at long range so the loading blocks are safely stored alongside my Rock Chucker in the shed. :( Oh well at least I have plenty of lube.

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Bought a can yesterday for $10.99.  Small shop in Alabama.  Also they had Large Pistol Primers on the shelf for $6.99/sleeve.  Limit 4.

I put around 500 or so cases in a small cardboard box and pour them into another cardboard box while spraying OneShot into the stream of cases.  It takes maybe 3 or 4 seconds.  That gets enough lobe on the cases to make sizing easier.  This method doesn’t get enough lube on the case for resizing bottleneck  rifle cases though.  It also makes a 10 oz can last a very long time!

Please shake the can for a good, solid minute. If you just spray off the shelf, the cases feel gummy as if the dri-lube properties failed to mix well.

I even used it on a window sash that would stick. Going on two years and it still works!

On 1/1/2022 at 6:18 PM, Krazy Kajun said:

I have a one gallon plastic bag and put a good number (200) pieces of straight wall brass in it. I spray a little bit over all the cases and then close the bag and turn in over and shake the bag up enough to spread the One Shot to other pieces. It works real well, like giving your reloaded an action job. 

Kajun

Don't do anything Kajun says. He'll be trying to get you to use chicken feet before you know it.

1 hour ago, Max Payne said:

Don't do anything Kajun says. He'll be trying to get you to use chicken feet before you know it.

Don’t you worry about nothing Max! I have some special feet for you….you’ll be getting acquainted with them at Dark Day! :lol:

Kajun

On 1/4/2022 at 9:37 PM, Diamond Jake said:

Bought a can yesterday for $10.99.  Small shop in Alabama.  Also they had Large Pistol Primers on the shelf for $6.99/sleeve.  Limit 4.

I hope you bought the primers!

Randy 

8 hours ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

Please shake the can for a good, solid minute. If you just spray off the shelf, the cases feel gummy as if the dri-lube properties failed to mix well.

I even used it on a window sash that would stick. Going on two years and it still works!

After the second stuck rifle case I no longer use One-Shot on non-carbide dies.  The only exception is 44-40.

Switched to Imperial Sizing Wax. 

9 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

I hope you bought the primers!

Randy 

I bought 4 sleeves on my way South on Monday, picked up another 4 on my way back North yesterday.

BTW, the One-Shot Case Lube for $10 was 7 oz can, not 10 oz.  I tried it last night on Carbide die 45 Colt.  I'd never used any lube on my Carbide dies, but tried One Shot based on this thread.  My, what a difference.  I put about 50 cases into a plastic bag, gave it a quick shot of One Shot, closed the bag and shook them around a bit, then dumped them into a plastic bin.  They were so slippery I dropped several while putting them into the shell holder of my single stage press.  The effort on the press handle was about 25% of what it was with no lube.  (These were brand new Starline cases.  Fired cases might not be as much of a difference, if the fired cases aren't as expanded as brand new brass.)

Since today's match at Green River was cancelled due to snow, I'll spend some time reloading today.

9 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

After the second stuck rifle case I no longer use One-Shot on non-carbide dies.  The only exception is 44-40.

Switched to Imperial Sizing Wax. 

I've tried several case lubes on my bottleneck rifle brass over the years (270 WIN, 260 REM, etc.) and the Imperial Sizing Wax has been the best for me.

I use One Shot Case lube on my Lee turret to keep it running smoothly but especially to keep the movement aligning properly with the next station and ball detente. That is aluminum parts interacting. If it acts like it needs adjustment, a shot inside the turret action makes the issue go away.

8 hours ago, Lowdown Larry said:

I put 'em in a wood loading block and spray with One Shot. But that's for Rifle brass. I have Carbide dies for pistol so I don't use One Shot for them.

Try just a little with your carbide dies. Your elbow will thank you.

1 hour ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Try just a little with your carbide dies. Your elbow will thank you.

After using One Shot now.....I will NEVER resize again with the shells not having had a One Shot spritzer bath........the stuff is a revelation!

Another One Shot use I found.

I reload on a Dillon 550. My loading sessions usually run around 3K-4K rounds over a few days. Sometimes the elbow runs low on grease.

The only other station on my machine where I noticed friction was on the belling/powder die. If a case had a small amount of gunk on the inside, it would require more force (which wet tumbling removes most of the time).

I polished the belling tip with Flitz. Then every time a took a break, (lunch, errand, etc) I ran a Q-tip around the tip with One Shot and gave it a good hour to dry. Even though I'm sure a few minutes would be fine.

No adverse effects on the loaded rounds using smokeless or APP. Seems to be easier on the case mouth as well. Been doing this for two years.

My elbow smiles at me again!

On 1/7/2022 at 3:48 PM, Krazy Kajun said:

Don’t you worry about nothing Max! I have some special feet for you….you’ll be getting acquainted with them at Dark Day! :lol:

Kajun

Uh-Oh!

Archived