SASS Wire Forum

SASS Ruger Vaqueros...??

Rancho Roy

So the email of the Cowboy Chronicles arrived and it has an advertisement for the SASS Ruger Vaqueros in both 357 and 45.....But when you go to the Ruger web site they are "Out Of Stock"....What's up with this? Is there a secret stash somewhere just for us?

It is like trying to buy a new Ford F-150.  The dealers advertise them, but they don't actually have any.

5 hours ago, Rancho Roy said:

So the email of the Cowboy Chronicles arrived and it has an advertisement for the SASS Ruger Vaqueros in both 357 and 45.....But when you go to the Ruger web site they are "Out Of Stock"....What's up with this? Is there a secret stash somewhere just for us?

Probably....

6 hours ago, Frontier Lone Rider said:

It is like trying to buy a new Ford F-150.  The dealers advertise them, but they don't actually have any.

You can find new F150s around here but ya gotta pay new Ferarri prices for one. :blink:

No SASS Rugers to be found though. I've always wanted a pair of 45s.

Supposedly Ruger hasn't made any centerfire single actions for a year or more now, due to COVID and a greatly increased demand for AR's and semi-auto pistols, driving Vaquero prices through the roof. As recently as 2-3 years ago, a set of SASS Vaqueros could be had for $1200 with a little shopping around. I've seen them sell lately for $2500+. I sold a set of New Vaquero .44 Specials six months ago for $2000, and I'm sure I can get $2500 for them now. Welcome to The New World.

I’m not a retailer but I just listed a pair (not sequential SASS) of Vaqueros in 45 LC w 7.5” barrels if you’re interested. In classifieds. 

i know a fellow that has a set of 45colt SASS rugers sequentially seriated #L&#R  that he has never shot and has had for sale a long time because he wanted $2500 precovid , they are pretty set of bright stainless  with faux ivory grip scales with the SASS emblem . just couldnt see paying that , be happy to give anyone interested a contact , 

I just sold around 20 Vaqueros to Barleycorn Outfitters, all are stainless.  All were 45LC with most being OM Vaqueros and at least one pair of New Model Vaqueros.  Some had never been fired.

John will make you a deal.

Frontier Lone Rider

20 hours ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

Supposedly Ruger hasn't made any centerfire single actions for a year or more now, due to COVID and a greatly increased demand for AR's and semi-auto pistols, driving Vaquero prices through the roof. As recently as 2-3 years ago, a set of SASS Vaqueros could be had for $1200 with a little shopping around. I've seen them sell lately for $2500+. I sold a set of New Vaquero .44 Specials six months ago for $2000, and I'm sure I can get $2500 for them now. Welcome to The New World.

That is what I have been told as well. Ruger hasn’t been making revolvers at all, or very few since CoVid kicked off. 

I had a new .45 ACP cylinder made for my New Vaquero and while speaking with a lady from customer service she said “off the record” it would be awhile before any Blackhawks would be made and probably longer for Vaqueros. This was last March or April. 

I have had a guy at my LGS checking for Blackhawks and Redhawks since March 2020. He does a search every week and has found nothing for me. I don’t want “used”. I want “New”. 

1 hour ago, Frontier Lone Rider said:

I just sold around 20 Vaqueros to Barleycorn Outfitters, all are stainless.  All were 45LC with most being OM Vaqueros and at least one pair of New Model Vaqueros.  Some had never been fired.

John will make you a deal.

Frontier Lone Rider

Slight hijack - were these original Vaqueros “slicked up”?

EDIT: MODERATORS: This merging of posts is quite annoying and aggravating. 

All of the Vaqueros were stock, untouched.

Basically, they just sat in my safe for years.

So...Ruger has no Vaqueros....And won't be making any for some time....But they run a big ad in the cowboy newspaper about them......Just to piss us off??? :D

On 1/1/2022 at 6:00 PM, watab kid said:

i know a fellow that has a set of 45colt SASS rugers sequentially seriated #L&#R  that he has never shot and has had for sale a long time because he wanted $2500 precovid , they are pretty set of bright stainless  with faux ivory grip scales with the SASS emblem . just couldnt see paying that , be happy to give anyone interested a contact , 

Wow how much would my old model 32-20 32 H&R conversions be worth these days? With consecutive serial numbers.

On 1/5/2022 at 2:45 PM, Hunt Mountain Drifter said:

Wow how much would my old model 32-20 32 H&R conversions be worth these days? With consecutive serial numbers.

VG to NEW/LIKE NEW, I've seen $3200 - $3500/pair. The .44 Special and .40 S&W/.38-40 Vaquero convertibles are regularly hitting the $1500 mark - I saw a used .44 Special New Vaquero on Gunbroker go for $1649, shipped, two months ago. Even the .44-40's are hitting $1100 - $1200, and I saw one set on Gunbroker, used, go for just under $2500, shipped, two months ago.

(edit, 1-16) One just sold on Gunbroker for $1708, shipped, so $3416 for a pair - right on the money.

I have a pair of 5 1/2" SS  SASS RNVs in .45 Colt and they are sweet.

The lower Montado hammes and the smaller grips fit my hand very well and for me, are far more comfortable then my old RVs 

I bought them used from a fellow on the west coast who fired one box of Winchester Cowboy loads from them and them decided CAS wasn't for him.

Don't be too jealous when I tell you I only paid $1,100.00 for the pair plus shipping.

(I bought the '73 SASS rifle in .45 Colt as well)

SASS New Ruger Vaqueros and Black Hills Leather Holsters 005 (2).JPG

1873 Winchester 005 (2).JPG

It's made by EMF, came in the box short stroked with a 20" barrel.

Then I had to get my '66 rifle short stroked as well. (Muscle Memory issue for this old guy)

Archived