SASS Wire Forum

BEFORE WE MOVE ON WE SHOULD PAUSE TO LOOK BACK!!

Blackwater 53393

I look backward a little this evening on the cusp of the new year!!

There are a few important people who come to mind.

My greatest loss in recent years is Judge ‘Em All Duncan, both in SASS and in my other life!!  Miss ya’, big boy!! 

Smokin’ Joe Anderson, the man who founded the legendary Possum Trot and showed the rest of SASS what Southern Hospitality and shooters first was all about.

Bobcat Sparks!!  He made EVERYONE who came near him feel cared for and made ‘em laugh, while showing a kind of sportsmanship and comradeship that may never be matched!!

Longshot Logan!!  When I found the SASS Wire, he showed me the humor in the game and in the wire. I STILL don’t take the petty stuff seriously and I’ll always TRY to find the humor!

Papa Dave!  He always showed the ultimate in class and a firm but quiet leadership along with a genuine care for others.

Cash Jackson!  Most of y’all won’t know this cowboy. He was a fixture in the Wartrace Regulators as a member, a benefactor, a board member at Wartrace, and a true friend of mine.  When I joined the board of directors at Wartrace, he made me feel like I belonged there and mentored me early in my tenure.

There are others!! I could go on, but these are the ones I miss the most this evening!!

So try to take the new year and make it great!  Treasure the folks that make this game great for you, while you have the chance and remember those that made it great AND FUN that have gone before.  When you do, smile!

Happy New Year!

Bama Red always had a smile on his face, and made everyone he shot with feel great.

Ironhorse Jim was fairly quiet on the line, but he supported his pards, and did lots of things for them anonymously.

Bo Diddly was a joy to be around, and always took time to greet you, and then spent the rest of the day cutting up.

These are three more to add to the great list Blackwater started above.  

Bama Red was a great cowboy and a friend to me.

Archived