SASS Wire Forum

Bad start for the new year.

Forty  Rod SASS 3935

A week ago today I had a bad fall and injured my back: sprained and bruised back (they said at the local community medical center).

They were wrong.  After a week of severe pain I went to the VA clinic this morning and after a number of tests I was told that I had broken three ribs and my back.  Spinal column was NOT injured and all of the breaks had returned to their proper places, so I'm back home taking mega-doses of Tylenol and using ice packs and heating pads alternately, and not moving an more than necessary.  Estimated four to six weeks recovery time.

A great adventure to start 2022 off.

Tom

8 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

A week ago today I had a bad fall and injured my back: sprained and bruised back (they said at the local community medical center).

They were wrong.  After a week of severe pain I went to the VA clinic this morning and after a number of tests I was told that I had broken three ribs and my back.  Spinal column was NOT injured and all of the breaks had returned to their proper places, so I'm back home taking mega-doses of Tylenol and using ice packs and heating pads alternately, and not moving an more than necessary.  Estimated four to six weeks recovery time.

Tom

Follow the instructions of the sawbones and don't try to rush things.  
Sounds like you have some carryover from 2021, not a bad start of 2022.

Keep telling yourself that.

37 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Tom

Ask your doc about tylenol dosage. It can cause severe problems.

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Tom

Bless your body!!!

Momma was put in an awful hard plastic cast that you tightened on the sides with velcro straps!!! Had to also wear for 6 weeks.

Count your blessings you don't have to wear an external Barbie doll body!!!

Heal well.

@Forty Rod SASS 3935

Call your doctor and get them to give you prescription strength Lidocaine patches, the big ones, for your ribs and fractured vertebrae. I am assuming it’s a fractured vertebrae. 

Take it from me. This is a very big help with ribs and back. Getting it Mmmmm then in the ribs is doable. Not sure about your back unless you have help. 

Sucks. Not much they can fo for cracked ribs except pain killers. And you know the problem with those. Relax as much as possible Pard. :(

6 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

@Forty Rod SASS 3935

Call your doctor and get them to give you prescription strength Lidocaine patches, the big ones, for your ribs and fractured vertebrae. I am assuming it’s a fractured vertebrae. 

Take it from me. This is a very big help with ribs and back. Getting it Mmmmm then in the ribs is doable. Not sure about your back unless you have help. 

When I was in the H for my fractured L1 I was given lidocaine patches. I could not have put them on myself.

Hey Forty...Medical center must all be on drugs themselves to not pick up that amount of damage, rest easy pard.

Remember to stick by your computer as you are still my Aussie slang interpreter.

Gravity is a strange thing.

At the age of 1-5, it seems non-existent.

Age 6-24, it treats you like a soft rubber ball.

Age 25-69,  its prevalent but usually only holds your feet to the ground, like a magnet.

Age 70 and up:   ITS SUCKS.    It sucks your whole body downward to the hardest ground around.   Actually, Gravity seems to be greater

around the hardest surfaces and obstruction objects.    Feller can't fall when he's standing next to a soft bed.   Noooooooooo, it happens

when and where the ground is the hardest and sometimes rockyiest, with object to cut and scrap ya up real bad.And sometimes,

when there is an object around to bump your head on.

Yep, no doubt about it..... Gravity is a strange thing!

..........Widder

2 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Gravity is a strange thing.

At the age of 1-5, it seems non-existent.

Age 6-24, it treats you like a soft rubber ball.

Age 25-69,  its prevalent but usually only holds your feet to the ground, like a magnet.

Age 70 and up:   ITS SUCKS.    It sucks your whole body downward to the hardest ground around.   Actually, Gravity seems to be greater

around the hardest surfaces and obstruction objects.    Feller can't fall when he's standing next to a soft bed.   Noooooooooo, it happens

when and where the ground is the hardest and sometimes rockyiest, with object to cut and scrap ya up real bad.And sometimes,

when there is an object around to bump your head on.

Yep, no doubt about it..... Gravity is a strange thing!

..........Widder

According to a high scho0l friend there's no such thing as gravity.  The whole world sucks.

Quit the Whine ,,,, get some Coffee and tell us some Tall Tales .... Ya ain't got nutin better ta do ...

Heal up Quick :(

Have Grumpy New Year !!!

Jabez Cowboy 

On 1/1/2022 at 12:30 AM, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

At 80 I don't bounce at all, just sorta bust like a light bulb.

Ground is harder then it was and we don’t bounce as good as we once did.

Archived