SASS Wire Forum

Ill give credit where due

Creeker, SASS #43022

Received the email from SASS today and within that email is a satifaction survey.

THIS (imo) is a huge step in opening the channels of communication between the rank and file and SASS leadership.

I encourage everyone to fairly and respectfully share their input.  Pro or Con.

No bashing or abuse (or disingenuous gushing about perfection) - but just honest feedback that provides ideas for consideration.

Obviously we are all on a spectrum of where we think SASS is, where it is heading and what may be needed.

But ultimately; we all love the game or we wouldn't be here - remember that when you provide your feedback.  

We all have passion for our ideas; but we must remember the person on the other side has the same passion for their view and at the end of the day, we are all on the same side.

I will do my very best to abide by my own advice.

I am glad to see that as well.  I scanned through the questions, but haven't filled it out yet.  Want to think on things a bit so I can give answers that I hope will provide some useful feedback.

Kudos to SASS, this is very refreshing to see.

I filled out the survey without written comments.  Clicked to send the survey and nothing happen.  I’ll have to see what I did wrong, perhaps fill it out on the desk computer instead of the iPad.

31 minutes ago, Matthew Duncan said:

I filled out the survey without written comments.  Clicked to send the survey and nothing happen.  I’ll have to see what I did wrong, perhaps fill it out on the desk computer instead of the iPad.

Same here. Nothing happened. I was stupid enough to type long comments, guess I wasted my time. I’m definitely not writing all that again.

I had a successful submission, including my written comments.  I hope SASS publishes a summary of key feedback and an action plan.

Mine did not send because I skipped one question, and the question must be filled out in number of choice of EACH way to be contacted...first choice, 2nd choice, 3rd choice.

After correcting, my survey was accepted.

Hardpan had posted on this as well...so we have double thread going:wub:

5 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Mine did not send because I skipped one question, and the question must be filled out in number of choice of EACH way to be contacted...first choice, 2nd choice, 3rd choice.

After correcting, my survey was accepted.

I could’ve missed one too.  I’ll try again a bit slower this time. 

Yep.  Totally my fault.  The question where you had to rank the answers by priority, on the first attempt I only picked one.

1 minute ago, Matthew Duncan said:

I could’ve missed one too.  I’ll try again a bit slower this time. 

The question that has the boxes beside with ... or 1 or 2 or 3...that has to be checked EACH ONE with preference...that is most likely what is causing the issue.

22 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Yeah, I saw that after I started this one and I basically echoed his statements as well.

I would say great minds think alike - but I don't want to insult the man by lumping him in with me.

I filled it out, but there are questions I just don't know how to answer.  "What do you like best about SASS"?  What exactly is that asking about?  The organization?  The rule framework?  Local clubs?  The game in general?  I had a lot to say about the state of the "game" and the rules.  But I don't really have anything to offer about the org.

8 minutes ago, Doc Shapiro said:

I filled it out, but there are questions I just don't know how to answer.  "What do you like best about SASS"?  What exactly is that asking about?  The organization?  The rule framework?  Local clubs?  The game in general?  I had a lot to say about the state of the "game" and the rules.  But I don't really have anything to offer about the org.

I am not going to claim any insight - but I would think that any input that is going to the SASS HQ would be best served addressing the things that HQ has "control" of.

Rules changes

Publicity on a national/ worldwise basis

Thoughts about ongoing communication channels

Other avenues to explore at a national/ world wide level

Branding expansion

Etc.

The attributes (positive or negative) of our local clubs are minimally affected by SASS itself.

1 hour ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Same here. Nothing happened. I was stupid enough to type long comments, guess I wasted my time. I’m definitely not writing all that again.

You should gotten a submission screen with a thanks. I sure hope you reconsider and send me your comments- perhaps after giving your keyboard fingers a lil rest? 

Misty

40 minutes ago, Doc Shapiro said:

All of the above.

Speak your mind on issues you want voiced.

You have 500 words to do it in on the survey...if not enough, you can continue your thoughts with an email to Misty@Sassnet.com

Or Ruby@Sassnet.com:wub:

21 minutes ago, Misty Moonshine said:

You should gotten a submission screen with a thanks. I sure hope you reconsider and send me your comments- perhaps after giving your keyboard fingers a lil rest? 

Misty

Misty, mine was rejected from not filling out the section that " how do you prefer to recieve information, updates..."

I only chose one box...

Not understanding you are asking fir first, second and third choice...

Once I went back and realised and corrected it, my survey was accepted.

I had also skipped a question.

I would gather that is what is happening to others.:wub:

1 hour ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

I am not going to claim any insight - but I would think that any input that is going to the SASS HQ would be best served addressing the things that HQ has "control" of.

Rules changes

Publicity on a national/ worldwise basis

Thoughts about ongoing communication channels

Other avenues to explore at a national/ world wide level

Branding expansion

Etc.

The attributes (positive or negative) of our local clubs are minimally affected by SASS itself.

That was also my assumption, but I added it to my response as it’s something that should have been reflected in the question. 

16 hours ago, Old Man Graybeard said:

I haven’t gotten one. They should have my email address 

We send broadcast emails through a platform called constant contact. Perhaps you unsubscribed from receiving emails from us at some point in the past? If someone “unsubscribes” at any time, we are unable to contact them. 
You can send me an email at misty@sassnet.com and I’ll try and resolve this for ya.

Misty

16 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Misty, mine was rejected from not filling out the section that " how do you prefer to recieve information, updates..."

I only chose one box...

Not understanding you are asking fir first, second and third choice...

Once I went back and realised and corrected it, my survey was accepted.

I had also skipped a question.

I would gather that is what is happening to others.:wub:

I’m having the same problem. When it asks how we want to receive information there are 3 choices but only 2 answers and it’s looking for 3. 

1 minute ago, Dutch Coroner said:

I’m having the same problem. When it asks how we want to receive information there are 3 choices but only 2 answers and it’s looking for 3. 

Duh. Submitted 

More credit where credit is due.

I have been very vocal about the lack of SASS leadership interaction on the wire for a LOT of years.

As a matter of fact, prior leadership specifically stated they didn't watch the wire nor did they care about the opinions expressed.

I was also vocal about hoping this would change with the changing of the guard and exit of the remainders of the original board.

The Satisfaction survey is a welcome item - but even more impressive is the very appreciated presence of Misty interacting within this thread.

This gives me hope that our complaints, compliments, ideas and dreams that we share on the wire are not going unnoticed.

Thank you.

Archived