SASS Wire Forum

Yul Lose

Our ATT landline went out on December 21 and ATT says they’ll have it repaired by January 5, 2022, we’ll see. Our internet and internet telephone line have been out since last night. Cellular doesn’t work at my house so I’m up at a liquor store parking lot a half mile from my house using the internet. Internet company says it will be out until the first of next week..UGH.

Sorry to hear that...
After 30 years with AT&T, I finally kicked them to the curb because of their unsolvable line problems.

I have Comcast internet + VOIP today, and will be cancelling VOIP and moving my land line number to T-Mobile cellular.

I hope your service is restored before your next birthday... as I'm *so* disappointed with AT&T.

1 hour ago, bgavin said:

Sorry to hear that...
After 30 years with AT&T, I finally kicked them to the curb because of their unsolvable line problems.

I have Comcast internet + VOIP today, and will be cancelling VOIP and moving my land line number to T-Mobile cellular.

I hope your service is restored before your next birthday... as I'm *so* disappointed with AT&T.

The last time the ATT landline went out the responding technician said that ATT has made a decision to rid itself of all landline hookups that are outside a certain radius of a central station, or something like that so the writing is on the wall with them. Up until about 5 years ago we could use cellular out at the shop but not in the house and when Verizon did a cell site decomissioning we lost that ability also. When there is snow and ice up on Palomar the internet and internet phone line go out. I’m writing this from my wife’s office about 8 miles away where they have internet service and she thinks I’m a disruption so has asked me to make it quick. Bye-bye for now.

3 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

“Honey, I gotta go to the liquor store and check my email.”

I don’t see the problem.

:blink:

I quit drinking about a year ago when my brother died of sirosis  of the liver, didn’t want to carry on an old family tradition.:D

The internet company re aimed my dish to a local site that they built a few months ago. Why they didn’t do it before this is anyones guess. We’ve got internet and a phone line now.

14 hours ago, Whiskey Business said:

My ATT landline and internet went out for over a week (after they raised my bill a lot) till I repaired it myself by switching to a competitor. Happy with the new service at a much better price.

I wish there were a competitor but there isn’t out where I live.

Archived