SASS Wire Forum

"1883"

36 minutes ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

I hope no one thinks badly of me, but I was relieved when they let that Karen shoot herself; I could not take another episode of her incessant whining and complaining.

LL

Now if the Tim McGraw and Faith Hill characters were to shoot themselves.......I may get Paramount +, and start watching.  :lol:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like the 3 main actors.

BUT.

Not going to let that stop me from watching a good western.

And yes. I think it's been pretty darn good.

So far. It has been coming on right after Yellowstone. A week behind the streaming.

So far. E1 and E2 this week. 

6 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

I hope no one thinks badly of me, but I was relieved when they let that Karen shoot herself; I could not take another episode of her incessant whining and complaining.

LL

At least it was mercifully early in the seri8es, no more seeing her abuse of her daughter & Elsa.  Although it seems the immigrants have picked up English pretty quick! 

7 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

LL

But the actress did a great job of creating a totally unlikeable character. 

It’s not bad but

#1 I have a hard time watching Tim McGraw and Faith Hill the antigunners and also Ol’ Sam did a commercial for BIDEN!!!

#2 I’m not paying extra for Paramount + I guess if they keep showing episodes after Yellowstone I’ll watch.

1 hour ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

I got Paramount plus for two months $0.01 per month. I reckon it’s worth $.02. I’ll reevaluate at the end of February.

Spectrum wants $4.95 with commercials and $9.95 without commercials! 

I see that another episode is scheduled this Sunday after the final one of the season of Yellowstone. Hope it is not just a repeat of what I have already seen.

2 hours ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

I see that another episode is scheduled this Sunday after the final one of the season of Yellowstone. Hope it is not just a repeat of what I have already seen.

Like you I guess I will have to wait and see after Sunday, I think Paramount + is part of my cable TV, I'm sure I'm paying for it. Good thing is I can tape it, watch the next day and zoom pass the commercials.

Rob

I couldn’t make thru the first 15 minutes of the first episode!  All the killing and insulting and “F” bombs turned me off as much as seeing Sam Elliott as an angry old man instead of a wise, helpful cowboy. Didn’t find it entertaining at all. Not sorry I can’t see any more episodes. 

4 hours ago, Rough 'N Ready Rob said:

Like you I guess I will have to wait and see after Sunday, I think Paramount + is part of my cable TV, I'm sure I'm paying for it. Good thing is I can tape it, watch the next day and zoom pass the commercials.

Rob

Better check because I’m paying extra for Paramount but that doesn’t include Plus!
Paramount is in a package on my cable. 

7 hours ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

No. It’s a new one. Might be a barn burner!

As soon as I finish my yoga session here on the back porch, I’m going to watch the Yellowstone marathon!

43 minutes ago, Asa Smith said:

Hate to be "That guy" but where did they get a 1885 Winchester High Wall?

Just sayin'

Asa

From a better armorer than what Alec Baldwin used. :o

Just a slight anachronism. 

On 12/30/2021 at 8:06 AM, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

The on tv guide says it is s1e2.  It will replay on Paramount Network on Thursday 10:10pm EST.

On 12/30/2021 at 1:12 PM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Better check because I’m paying extra for Paramount but that doesn’t include Plus!
Paramount is in a package on my cable. 

Yep you are right. I guess I won't be watching any more, I pay to much for cable now. They took the western channel away, wanted me to pay $10.00 more, I said no thanks.

On 12/31/2021 at 4:58 PM, Asa Smith said:

Just sayin'

Asa

John Browning first designed that rifle in 1878 and produced some 600 of them before Winchester bought the rights in 1883, eventually marketing it as the 1885. 

So it is possible.

5 hours ago, Wyatt Earp SASS#1628L said:

John Browning first designed that rifle in 1878 and produced some 600 of them before Winchester bought the rights in 1883, eventually marketing it as the 1885. 

So it is possible.

This is true...we can go with that. ;)

On 12/30/2021 at 2:48 PM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

No. It’s a new one. Might be a barn burner!

Sorry Bob....what I saw was nothing new, just a repeat of already aired episodes.

On 12/31/2021 at 5:58 PM, Asa Smith said:

Just sayin'

Asa

Same place John Wayne got all the 1892s  right after the Civil War.

On 12/30/2021 at 4:11 PM, Tall Tale Todd said:

The only real issue I'm having is the daughter's accent sounds forced and is different when she narrates. She sounds like she's trying to be Dolores from Westworld.

She talks on the show?  I don't think that is why she is on there.

1 hour ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

She talks on the show?  I don't think that is why she is on there.

Agreed, it's not her primary reason for being on the show but she does indeed talk and I don't like it

On 1/4/2022 at 8:13 PM, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

Sorry Bob....what I saw was nothing new, just a repeat of already aired episodes.

I didn’t realize you were talking about 1883. Duh. :blush:

• 2 months later...

Found out our Cable company (Opticaltel) cut the cable TV to our entire neighborhood. They're holding it hostage for everyone to buy converter boxes, $60.00 per box per TV connection in your house, PLUS an additional $4.95 on top of the current cable cost, without getting any new channels. 

We have canceled our cable portion, keeping the internet, until we can find an alternative. Looking at possibly getting DISH Network.

The reason for this update,  is that in the interim, I signed us up for Paramount +, which is currently $1.00 a month for 3 months.

Will use them until a new service is decided.

We have been watching "1883" since and are up to Episode 4.

Great series, good storyline and entertaining as well. Beats watching Lifetime and Hallmark movies!

Check it out if you're wanting to see the series.

Archived