SASS Wire Forum

Dillon 750 Depriming Pin

Popcorn Kelly

I've a 750 Dillon but think I've a slight problem with my depriming die.  The actual depriming pin is hanging much, much lower than it used to.  See the attached image.  I can push it up into the die, but it immediately falls back to how it looks in the pic.  In other pics I've seen, the top of this pin is about at the top of the die itself.  Right now, the top of the pin is about an inch below the top of the die.    I took the die out and removed the top screw but can't see anything I can adjust to get to in order to stay where I believe it should be.  It works like it is, but I can't think this is normal.  Thoughts?

deprimerpin.jpg

Show a picture of the top of the die. Dillon dies have a stem with a "C" clip.   The pin has a spring on top      GW

E clip broke and is missing.  Go to Ace with the decapping rod to find the right size and pick up a couple.  There should also be a spring washer under the E clip.

DSC_0002.thumb.jpeg.d53b826a8bfb68fe47e08a8870feceb0.jpeg

53 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

E clip broke and is missing.  Go to Ace with the decapping rod to find the right size and pick up a couple.  There should also be a spring washer under the E clip.

DSC_0002.thumb.jpeg.d53b826a8bfb68fe47e08a8870feceb0.jpeg

I you happen to have the Dillon spare parts kit, a couple of the clips are included. 

Archived