SASS Wire Forum

Awwwwww....musicals

Singin' Sue 71615

Annie...  Will Rogers Follies...  A Funny Thing Happened On the Way To the Forum... Oklahoma...  ^_^

27 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I remember hearing Hard Knock Life and Tomorrow rehearsed every day. Daughter was Duffy in a professional production of Annie.

Yes, I bet you knew them by heart!!!

I was Meg in Damn Yankees in HS.

Was in Carousel in college...sang You'll Never Walk Alone, June Is Bustin' Out All Over...bet my folks learned those songs by heart as well.

1 hour ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Yes, I bet you knew them by heart!!!

Oh yes.

move on some years and said daughter was in Law School. I bought tickets for her, her then 5 year old daughter, Sydney, and me to go see a production of Annie in Boston. Other students were ribbing her about going to see the kids’ play. She didn’t tell them she was looking forward to it.

after doing the big production when Rae was little (age 11) the producer got a deal to do Annie at a small theater called Theater by the Sea in Portsmouth. All of the girl understudies got to step up and do bigger roles when girls took vacations.

after that the only thing Rae did was that a couple Girl Scout troops asked her to show the girls how to apply make-up.

2 hours ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

42nd Street

Rent

Wicked

Hamilton

Phantom of the Opera, which is my all-time favorite. 

Wicked is often sung here at the house...

I'm Not That Girl is the only song I attempt at the piano!

(Shanley told us that Phantom needed a break, as he found himself humming one of the songs while in the shower. He said worse was, he knew where the song was sung in the story!)

2 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

The Harvey Girls

Paint your Wagon

I dressed like Judy Garland as a Harvey Girl for start of WB match at WR a couple years back.

Dixie Belle was the only person who understood my costume!

58 minutes ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

downloadfile-3.thumb.jpg.ac920ca67aa1dcd638f371fd2ab12a9d.jpg

Belly up, belly up to the bar boys!

Classic!

4 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Wicked is often sung here at the house...

I'm Not That Girl is the only song I attempt at the piano!

(Shanley told us that Phantom needed a break, as he found himself humming one of the songs while in the shower. He said worse was, he knew where the song was sung in the story!)

I see nothing wrong with knowing both  the song and storyline. 

2 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Yes...one version.

Dirty Rotton Scoundrells

The Bird Cage

Little Shop Of Horrors

I'm thinking of the original movie about a play.  Not the play based on the movie about a play, nor the later movie based on the play based on a movie about a play. :D

44 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I'm thinking of the original movie about a play.  Not the play based on the movie about a play, nor the later movie based on the play based on a movie about a play. :D

I've only known it to be a Broadway musical.

Was it a straight play first?

19 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Never saw the 1967 film (I was 5 yrs old)...but, I suppose I saw Zero and Gene...and thought song and dance men= musical.

Yeah.  That's the movie about a play.  Much later it was a musical play on Broadway.  Then there came the new movie that was based on the Broadway musical production that was based on the original movie.

Adding more memories of older daughter, Rae, doing Annie. Every performer was trained in makeup and had their own makeup kit.

In the pro performance there were two ensemble scenes requiring extras, younger daughter, Samantha age 8, was one of those. A woman was mother holding hands with her two kids walking through a park. Sam and the other kid alternated who would hold the balloon.

Near the end of the run I had some tickets and I gave one to one of Rae’s teachers , she had also taught Samantha.

I was also coaching softball that year so I brought my three all-stars to a performance as my guests. We went out for sundaes later.

two of the three girls had unfortunate lives later and told me that softball was the most fun of their lives?

Gypsy.  Little Shop of Horrors.  West Side Story. Evita.

Is "Rodeo" from Oklahoma?  I don't remember.  I just remember it as Napoleon's Retreat.  When Grandson #2 first heard it he came home & played the 1st violin part on the cello.  It was sooooooooooo cool!

re Cats:  Memory is just too sad.

29 minutes ago, MizPete said:

Gypsy.  Little Shop of Horrors.  West Side Story. Evita.

Is "Rodeo" from Oklahoma?  I don't remember.  I just remember it as Napoleon's Retreat.  When Grandson #2 first heard it he came home & played the 1st violin part on the cello.  It was sooooooooooo cool!

re Cats:  Memory is just too sad.

Rodeo???

Hmmmm...not Oklahoma!!!

Yup...I tried playing in the Orchestra for Oklahoma...but realized I would enjoy being townfolk/choir more!!!

Archived