SASS Wire Forum

I have never really had issues shopping for Shanley...nor him, me.

This year...while shopping for groceries, we passed the flowers.

I grabbed a bundle, handed it to him and said " hand these to me, kiss me and tell me Happy Birthday."

He did, and a young man behind us giggled and told us "we rock!"

Later, passing the clothing I spied a sweater I liked. So I told him "thank you" for my Christmas present.

That got a few strange looks.

Now, Shanley has mentioned a certain item about 3 times this past year...so that will be coming in the next couple of weeks...a combo Christmas/ Birthday, as his is soon approaching.

For now, I am the older woman!!

Below, the flowers from Walmart...arranged by me.

20211223_104818.jpg

1 minute ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I’ve been shopping. You know anyone eligible?

I have be spouse hunting also.  So far, I have not found any keepers.

Most of them that I have found required not just walking away, but running as fast as I could and hiding for a while before venturing out again

I had one o' them once upon a time...  But like an old cowboy pard once said, "anyone with half a brain only gots to pee on that 'lectric fence but once!"  :o

6 minutes ago, Maddog McCoy SASS #5672 said:

I have be spouse hunting also.  So far, I have not found any keepers.

Most of them that I have found required not just walking away, but running as fast as I could and hiding for a while before venturing out again

You are too hard on yourself...or, too hard on those poor women. I don't know which!!!

For the days when everything feels like too much … · Know the Truth. Live the Truth. It Changes Everything.

I know I once was young, beautiful, free of wrinkles, flat bellied...firm bodied...BUT was ignorant about much.

I learned through scripture, but MORE SO by the actions of my husband, that the previous things don't mean a hill of beans.

all I will say on the matter...

9 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

You are too hard on yourself...or, too hard on those poor women. I don't know which!!!

Well, The first one I dated after becoming single,  disappeared one day and I started getting phone calls from a women prison in a different state. Seems she had jumped bail and used a fake name when she met me and relived me of a good chunk of cash. 

The last one I dated died from pneumonia combined with some other problems she had. That was last spring and I have not really looked very hard since then.

There were 2 or 3 in between those two that did not work out.

It is tough finding a good woman.

2 minutes ago, Maddog McCoy SASS #5672 said:

Well, The first one I dated after becoming single,  disappeared one day and I started getting phone calls from a women prison in a different state. Seems she had jumped bail and used a fake name when she met me and relived me of a good chunk of cash. 

The last one I dated died from pneumonia combined with some other problems she had. That was last spring and I have not really looked very hard since then.

There were 2 or 3 in between those two that did not work out.

It is tough finding a good woman.

Awww....be a great man, the good women will find you:wub:

Thanks again for helping us find a geat route from Maquoketa to Etna Green.

It was a pure joy not to have traffic!!!

2 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

we passed the flowers.

I grabbed a bundle, handed it to him and said " hand these to me, kiss me and tell me Happy Birthday."

My wife and I will look at cards in the store, hand them to each other, read them, put them back and call it good.

My wife makes a lot more money than I do!!

I thoroughly enjoy being “kept”!!!  :o  :lol:

1 hour ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

...... is there a cue somewhere that I can line up in ?   :wub:

Queue...?  :rolleyes:

:D:P Spouse shopping!

I saw the title and right away thought of a little girl I used to know.

She's a woman grown now and making her own way in the world, but I remember her as the wee child she was.

(Old men are like that.  Guess I'm just an old softy!)

Anyway -- 

Spouse shopping.

This sweet little girl in a frilly frock and patent leather slippers glared at her Daddy and crossed her arms.

She stamped her little foot and ran her bottom lip out and then she shook her Mommy-finger and declared, "I don't like you anymore, Daddy! Mommy can get me a new one!  They're 75 bucks at Walmart and she can afford that!"

The mental image of this darlin' little girl giving her grinning Daddy what-for tickled my funny bone -- I think I even wove it into one of the Firelands stories -- but that's what came to mind when I read "Spouse Shopping" and then its immediate disclaimer!

Darlin', thank you, that brought me another good memory!

A new store opened in New York. It's called The Husband Store. Women can go there to find a husband, but there are strict rules. She may visit the store only ONCE. There are 6 floors with men of differing qualities in ascending order. The women may go up a Floor at a time but may only go down all the way to the bottom and out the front door.

So a woman enters the store and reads the big sign inside the entrance by the elevator. The first floor sign reads:

Men with jobs.

She's intrigued but continues to the second floor. There the sign reads:

Men with jobs and love children.

Nice she thinks but I want more and proceeds to the third floor. There she is greeted by a sign that reads:

Men who have jobs, love children and are extremely good looking.

WOW she thinks but feels compelled to keep going. So on to the fourth floor where the sign reads:

Men with jobs, love kids, are drop dead gorgeous and help with housework.

Oh my she thinks, I can hardly stand it but on to the fifth floor she goes. There the sign reads:

Men who have jobs, love kids, are drop dead gorgeous, help with housework and have a strong romantic streak.

She is so tempted to stay and take a husband from here but she goes on to the sixth floor, There the sign reads:

You are visitor 37,365,498 to this floor. There are no men here. This floor only exists to prove you can't satisfy a woman. Thank you for shopping with us.

PLEASE NOTE:

So not to be gender bias the owner opened a store across the street called New Wives. The first floor has wives who love sex. The second floor has wives who love sex, have money and love beer. The third, fourth, fifth and sixth floors have never been visited.

3 hours ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

:D:P Spouse shopping!

I saw the title and right away thought of a little girl I used to know.

She's a woman grown now and making her own way in the world, but I remember her as the wee child she was.

(Old men are like that.  Guess I'm just an old softy!)

Anyway -- 

Spouse shopping.

This sweet little girl in a frilly frock and patent leather slippers glared at her Daddy and crossed her arms.

She stamped her little foot and ran her bottom lip out and then she shook her Mommy-finger and declared, "I don't like you anymore, Daddy! Mommy can get me a new one!  They're 75 bucks at Walmart and she can afford that!"

The mental image of this darlin' little girl giving her grinning Daddy what-for tickled my funny bone -- I think I even wove it into one of the Firelands stories -- but that's what came to mind when I read "Spouse Shopping" and then its immediate disclaimer!

Darlin', thank you, that brought me another good memory!

Glad to pay it forward!!!

$75??? Wow, that was cheap!!:D

11 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

I have to agree...

We appreciate each other,  having been married to the wrong people before.

Spot on, Sue.

Do you ever find yourself wondering, "What in the hell was I thinking," back then?

When we do we have a good laugh-at their expense.

1 hour ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

A new store opened in New York. It's called The Husband Store. Women can go there to find a husband, but there are strict rules. She may visit the store only ONCE. There are 6 floors with men of differing qualities in ascending order. The women may go up a Floor at a time but may only go down all the way to the bottom and out the front door.

So a woman enters the store and reads the big sign inside the entrance by the elevator. The first floor sign reads:

Men with jobs.

She's intrigued but continues to the second floor. There the sign reads:

Men with jobs and love children.

Nice she thinks but I want more and proceeds to the third floor. There she is greeted by a sign that reads:

Men who have jobs, love children and are extremely good looking.

WOW she thinks but feels compelled to keep going. So on to the fourth floor where the sign reads:

Men with jobs, love kids, are drop dead gorgeous and help with housework.

Oh my she thinks, I can hardly stand it but on to the fifth floor she goes. There the sign reads:

Men who have jobs, love kids, are drop dead gorgeous, help with housework and have a strong romantic streak.

She is so tempted to stay and take a husband from here but she goes on to the sixth floor, There the sign reads:

You are visitor 37,365,498 to this floor. There are no men here. This floor only exists to prove you can't satisfy a woman. Thank you for shopping with us.

PLEASE NOTE:

So not to be gender bias the owner opened a store across the street called New Wives. The first floor has wives who love sex. The second floor has wives who love sex, have money and love beer. The third, fourth, fifth and sixth floors have never been visited.

Oh my!!! And doesn't think ring true for all of this???

I tell ya....had a friend who was so very great, but was a heavy girl. His momma was very heavy, so he had decided he was not going to date someone heavy.

Later down the road, he married a very pretty, slim gal.

He is still married, has children he loves...and a wife who is still slim...but not very balanced.

3 minutes ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

Spot on, Sue.

Do you ever find yourself wondering, "What in the hell was I thinking," back then?

When we do we have a good laugh-at their expense.

Right?

Now, my first husband is not a bad fella...just is two people. One who drinks, and one who drinks too much.

We still can talk on the phone...Shanley too.

Shanley and I met at 12.

Would we have stayed married if we'd married after HS??? Who knows.

2 hours ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

PLEASE NOTE:

Indeed.

While up to bat for Strike 3, I tried the store across the street.
I found my choice on the First floor...
I already had money, and a case of beer lasts over a year... no need to shop the other floors.

52 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

........ I am living with my mother ........   :blush:

8 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Hahaha!! So is she!!!!:rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

.... we could be twins .....   :rolleyes:

Guess the success of this will hinge on whether or not their moms get along. :rolleyes:

Archived