SASS Wire Forum

SASS Club Search Map page issue

DarthRanger

I am curious if anyone else has issues with the map on the SASS Club search page : https://www.sassnet.com/clubs/index.php ?

For as long as I can remember these map pages have not worked for me.  No matter which state I click on (map or text) the list changes but the map gives an error of “Geocode was not successful for the following reason: REQUEST_DENIED.”  I get the same error when clicking on the name of any one of the clubs.  

I have tried accessing this information on an iPad using the Safari, Chrome, Firefox and Edge browsers and from a PC using Chrome, Firefox and Edge browsers.  I would certainly appreciate any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong.  For what it’s worth, I contacted SASS management about 10 years ago about the maps not working and was told they were aware of it and were going to have it fixed in the (back then) upcoming website upgrade.

Having recently moved, I would greatly appreciate learning how to make these maps work.

Regards,

DarthRanger

ps: For those of you that might like Christmas music, here is a link to a CD I recorded for my wife quite some time ago:  http://csanders.com/music/

I get the same error message.

I just click on the “close “ box, ignore the error messages and go to the listed website. 
FKCGG, bGavin or John Kloehr are pretty high tech and could probably explain why it happens. 
Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Yeah just close it and scroll down.  Some wizard explained it once.  If I remember correctly it is a feature in the software that SASS does not use.

43 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Question: has anyone sent this information to the SASS office, that it hasn't worked...for years?

Yep, been reported .... for years.

good luck, GJ

2 hours ago, Mister Badly said:

This is a good one.  I've had it bookmarked for a long time.

When that search was working it actually gave you a location map to the address of the person who was listed as the contact and not the club location. It is always best to go to the clubs website and look at their location map.

Most of the clubs have directions on their websites, no need for that google crap!

For example:

https://www.browntownshipregulators.com/map

https://www.firelandspeacemakers.com/directions/

These are right from the club websites.

I have sent e-mails  about this several times over the last few years and it still bothers me. Yes, there are ways to get around the error message but why should a potential new member have to do that? We are always talking about getting new members but we have a major issue when someone goes to our website to find a location for a shoot. I don’t think that gives a good impression of our organization to a potential new member. We should make it as easy as possible to get information about our shoots and clubs. It’s been this way for years, it still bugs me, but looks like there is not any incentive to correct it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all for your responses and particularly for the links to the google maps that do work.  While I am far from an expert I have built a couple of web sites (quite a while ago).  And… if this portion of the site is not going to work then the map should be removed.  The excuse that it is part of the software that they do not use or that Google would charge them are both rather lame.  It might even be similar to throwing a dud round back into the ammo box.  

On 12/25/2021 at 1:34 PM, Mister Badly said:

This is the one @Dungannon Gunner set up and it’s amazing! 

Archived