SASS Wire Forum

Video Progress Report - Rebuild of our hurricane-destroyed cowboy town

Hellbender

Howdy Folks,

Several of you have asked about our progress so here's a video walk-through I took this morning at our cowboy town under construction here in Lake Charles, Louisiana.  We've still got a ways to go but I think you'll agree our new town will be one to write home about.

Our sincere thanks go out to the great many people who made this possible by contributing to our fundraising efforts.

Cordially,

Hellbender, President

Up the Creek Gang

Looks like quite an undertaking and the end results should be incredible.

Man, that looks great! Cannot wait until it is ready for those of us pulling for you to come shoot there with you!

Looking real good.  Appreciate the ramp for those with disabilities and it appears the steps are low in height so those with leg, hip, or ankle issues  can navigate.   Also like that nice canopy.  Actually liked everything I saw.    Hope to someday make the long trip to shoot with you all at your new digs,

Thanks for all your work Hellbender (unbelievable amount of work) our club members really appreciate what you've done

And another driving force behind our building efforts is John Moore who has been the brains (literally building engineering process)  a lot cowboys/girls have helped so all help is muchly appreciated.

...crosscut hardy

9 hours ago, crosscut hardy said:

Thanks for all your work Hellbender (unbelievable amount of work) our club members really appreciate what you've done

And another driving force behind our building efforts is John Moore who has been the brains (literally building engineering process)  a lot cowboys/girls have helped so all help is muchly appreciated.

...crosscut hardy

Thank you Crosscut.  

Crosscut Hardy's right about John Moore (aka James Moore), seen in this picture in front of Crosscut.  John is THE planner, architect, engineer, materials purchaser and deliverer, foreman (and many would say slave-driver) and hard worker himself.  We owe a great debt of gratitude to John and all the many other cowboys and cowgirls who have been, and continue to be, working under his direction and supervision. 

IMG_4612.thumb.jpeg.6cf946cd58a4df616dd35e8191a34920.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Tequila Shooter said:

Coming along nicely, can’t wait to get out there and christen it!

We'll be glad to have you at the big celebration, Tequila!

The range rebuild is coming along nicely.  When its all done I'll have to make a trip back home to shoot with ya'll.

Kajun

1 hour ago, Krazy Kajun said:

The range rebuild is coming along nicely.  When its all done I'll have to make a trip back home to shoot with ya'll.

Kajun

I expect you to do that Kajun, and I also expect you to bring Badlands Bob with you!

1 hour ago, Chief Rick said:

@Hellbender and @crosscut hardy 

1 - When do you think you'll be holding the first match?

2 - Anywhere to park a camper on the range?

1. Too soon to tell.  We had thought we would have a match next weekend even though we are not finished but that idea was vetoed.

2. Yes

Archived