SASS Wire Forum

I Got Lucky for Christmas

bgavin

On the way home from the echo cardiogram, I stopped by the LGS to see if he had anything I can't live without....

Sitting on a shelf was a solitary 1# jug of AA5744...
Same price as the internet vendors.. but without hazmat and without shipping fees.
He also had two boxes of Hornady 55gr FMJ cannelure in 22 caliber, similarly priced and without the additional fees.

I also found on Amazon, the missing books from the Agatha Raisin series that my wife wants to complete.

I've never understood that.

Joe will say - I had the luckiest day. I found these four or five things that I thought I had lost years ago. I went to the store and they had exactly what I needed, and it was on sale for half price. I met the most gorgeous girl in the world and she said she likes me and will go out with me. Today has really been my lucky day.

Then Bill will say - you need to go buy a lottery ticket.

Seriously? Joe has just used up 10 years worth of luck in one day. There's no way in hell he's going to win the lottery. He doesn't have any luck left. Buying a ticket would just be throwing the money away. :D

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

I've never understood that.

Joe will say - I had the luckiest day. I found these four or five things that I thought I had lost years ago. I went to the store and they had exactly what I needed, and it was on sale for half price. I met the most gorgeous girl in the world and she said she likes me and will go out with me. Today has really been my lucky day.

Then Bill will say - you need to go buy a lottery ticket.

Seriously? Joe has just used up 10 years worth of luck in one day. There's no way in hell he's going to win the lottery. He doesn't have any luck left. Buying a ticket would just be throwing the money away. :D

When you're hot, you're hot.  OTOH, if you're a glass half empty kind of guy, you'll never know if it could have happened, since you wouldn't buy the ticket.  The world can be a sad, unhappy place if you are always expecting only the worst result.

LL

Archived