SASS Wire Forum

"He Shot Him A Lot"

Subdeacon Joe

https://www.wfla.com/news/polk-county/homeowner-shoots-critically-wounds-suspected-intruder-in-polk-county-deputies-say/

Florida Sheriff Praises Man Who Shot Armed Burglar

POLK COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — Authorities say a Polk County homeowner opened fire on a man who allegedly broke into his home on Wednesday afternoon.

The homeowner, who lives in north Lakeland, told deputies the intruder threw a flower pot through his glass French doors to access the home from the back porch, and that he shot him three times.

“I’m proud of our homeowner for defending himself. It’s called a ‘Castle Doctrine.’ He has the right to protect himself and his home from unknown intruders,” said Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd.

The homeowner did exactly what he should have – he had a gun, he knew how to use it, it was loaded and he shot him a lot. He gave him an early Christmas present,” said Sheriff Judd. “Only Santa Claus gets to come in your house and Santa Claus is invited.”

Uh, what? ;)

1 hour ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

When the rounds are incoming.

But when the rounds are outgoing, three is just a good start.

Sounds reasonable.

3 times is a lot? You should shoot at least twice so 3 times times in not lot! Good for the homeowner though!;)

23 hours ago, DocWard said:

Since when is three times a lot?

8 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

3 times is a lot?

It all depends. If you have a single shot firearm, three times is a lot. If you got a calico with 100 round magazine - not so much.

13 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

For those late to the party... What was the original title?

The title was shot spelled with an i instead of an o. Maybe just a Freudian slip or possibly a spell check arrow.

my question is why are "charges only pending" against the perp , i guess if he was dead it would not matter to me but since the criminal survived why has he not been charged ? 

i suppose there might be a question of his presence till finger prints and DNA come back confirmed , but if he is laying there in a pool of blood whats the real question here - take a photo for cripes sake , again too bad hes not dead ...................but then if he was dead i suppose all of the above would need to come back confirmed to confirm he did it ? 

im not a vigil ante but in this day of unprecedented lawless behavior in our lifetimes [?] maybe .......OK the 20s were bad , the 60s were bad , we that live within the law still dont have to accept it , maybe we dont shoot them all - maybe we dont hang them all , perhaps we shoot and we hang a few till they get the message , 

unlike the kalifonia prosecuters - maybe we have a few judge roy beans or a bit of civil "REST" as opposed to their unrest advocacy ......just speculating here , if its good for the goose - how bout the gander ? 

Archived