SASS Wire Forum

SOLD -- FS: Knife and Hand-Made Rattlesnake Sheath

Cholla

I bought the knife a decade ago for a wild hog hunt for the final thrust. I never saw a hog so there was no final thrust and it has been sitting in my broken dreams box ever since. I recently made the sheath. It is Mojave rattlesnake. The knife comes from Pakistan. The bade is about 5.5 inches. The sheath is about 10.5"

I would like $110 $100 shipped. I accept PayPal, venmo, check from SASS members or longtime Wire members, or a MO.

IMG_2457.JPG

IMG_2441.JPG

2 hours ago, Nostrum Damus SASS #110702 said:

Intentionally getting close to a wounded but not dead hog is badass.

Exactly.  I was thinking a 454 Casull might be a better choice for a wounded hog. :D

3 hours ago, Nostrum Damus SASS #110702 said:

Intentionally getting close to a wounded but not dead hog is badass.

I was not 100% on board with the idea but the guy guiding me insisted that I have a knife to do the job. Depending on the situation I most likely would have just shot it again. As luck would have it I never saw a hog. I went one more time as a writer, not a hunter, and decided that I had enough material to write an article. I ended up writing two or three articles which were extremely popular. I can tell you wild hog hunting in southern Indiana is a young man's game because they live in the thickest briars in the deepest ravines found in the hill country. Unlike Texas and other states, they have so much food they have no reason to risk being in the open especially when pressured by hunting.

• Cholla changed the title to FS: Knife and Hand-Made Rattlesnake Sheath

I shot a very nice tusker a few yeras back... when we got to him, he was not moving even when poked with a rifle but still alive.  I didn't want to finish it off with a headshot as I wanted the scull.  decided to use my Zero Tolerance ZT-100... it was harder than I thought...

Cholla does such great work with the snake skin.  I have bought buckles and bolos from him in the past.  If he tell u something u can take it to the bank.  Happy

On 12/23/2021 at 6:47 AM, Cholla said:

I was not 100% on board with the idea but the guy guiding me insisted that I have a knife to do the job. Depending on the situation I most likely would have just shot it again. As luck would have it I never saw a hog. I went one more time as a writer, not a hunter, and decided that I had enough material to write an article. I ended up writing two or three articles which were extremely popular. I can tell you wild hog hunting in southern Indiana is a young man's game because they live in the thickest briars in the deepest ravines found in the hill country. Unlike Texas and other states, they have so much food they have no reason to risk being in the open especially when pressured by hunting.

Guy I knew locally years ago killed one with a large spear and side stepped the hog as it rushed him and stuck it in the side. It was his first time and he asked the guide who took him what the best method to spear one was and the guide said there really wasnt a good way, but most people let it charge and side stepped and speared it. First time the hog charged he threw down the spear and jumped in a tree

11 minutes ago, Charlie McZander said:

Nice knife! Is the leather black or dark brown?

Black- dip dyed in oil stain.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Snakebite Dust SASS 75484 said:

Will the sheath fit on a 2-1/2" thicker gun holster belt?

Thanks

Yes. It slides easily over my 2 1/2" belt. 

IMG_3060.JPG

• Cholla changed the title to SOLD -- FS: Knife and Hand-Made Rattlesnake Sheath

Archived