SASS Wire Forum

I don't know if I have ever been to an ...."As good as it gets" place.   But until the Good Lord calls me home

to heaven..... This 2022 TN State Match could very well be that place.

Incredible match sponsored by an incredible club with incredible members.

Stages were great, fun and fast.   Everything ran like a well oiled machine.   Good vendors, including

the on-site food vendor.

Thank You Wartrace Regulators.   Ya dun gud!

SIDE NOTE:   Krazy Kajun and I got to meet TN Williams pet, albino possum.

Have you ever shook hands with a Possum?   Well, TW has taught (trained) his albino Possum

to shake hands.   But, he's camera shy (the possum) so we were not able to get a picture of the 

event.    I think he's a little shamed of his buck teeth.   But ole TW is planning to get him some

braces to correct his overbite problem.

True story.   Just ask Krazy.

..........Widder

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I don't know if I have ever been to an ...."As good as it gets" place.   But until the Good Lord calls me home

to heaven..... This 2022 TN State Match could very well be that place.

Incredible match sponsored by an incredible club with incredible members.

Stages were great, fun and fast.   Everything ran like a well oiled machine.   Good vendors, including

the on-site food vendor.

Thank You Wartrace Regulators.   Ya dun gud!

SIDE NOTE:   Krazy Kajun and I got to meet TN Williams pet, albino possum.

Have you ever shook hands with a Possum?   Well, TW has taught (trained) his albino Possum

to shake hands.   But, he's camera shy (the possum) so we were not able to get a picture of the 

event.    I think he's a little shamed of his buck teeth.   But ole TW is planning to get him some

braces to correct his overbite problem.

True story.   Just ask Krazy.

..........Widder

You got that right Widder, ole TW’s possum’s teeth are so bucked he can’t go through a door face first, his teeth hit the door. Poor thing has to back its way through doors, that might be why it’s so camera shy!

Hey, you know you can’t just make this kinda stuff up, real life is so much more entertaining! 

Just arrived home about an hour ago and have the camper cleaned out. Thanks to a great Wartrace crew for a wonderful weekend. Reconnected with some old friends and also met some new ones. Already looking forward to next year. Thanks to all that made it possible!

Great match as always. Stages couldn't have been better. Hats off to all who put this together.

I did see a few of those chicken things y'all talk about on a few stages. Lucky for me it was after I shot the stage. :D

I had an excellent time at my first Tennessee State Match. It won't be my last. Misses Badly and I got to sit and visit with some gracious Wartrace folk at the banquet as a bonus. And I got to posse with some great shooters in multiple categories. Shooting with new people is my favorite part of this game.

I am so bummed I had to miss this years match. We had just arrived to the campground when I got a call from my boss that a coworker tested positive for covid. Packed up and went home for quarantine. Fortunately after 5 days, I am still negative, but it ruined our weekend. See ya'll next year.

3 hours ago, Ranger Dan said:

I am so bummed I had to miss this years match. We had just arrived to the campground when I got a call from my boss that a coworker tested positive for covid. Packed up and went home for quarantine. Fortunately after 5 days, I am still negative, but it ruined our weekend. See ya'll next year.

Glad y'all are still negative, but you did miss a great match!

Randy

Randy,

I would vote for  them also.

Heck, I'm surprised you got some of them to stand still long enough to have a pic made.   

Other than this pic,  about the only other semblance of some of them is just a bluuuuurrrrrrrrrrrr.

..........Widder

On 5/22/2022 at 5:23 PM, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Don't forget, Thursday, Side Match day will also be "Are You Tough Enough o Wear Pink" day. I encourage everyone to wear something pink. We will also be collecting money for the American Cancer Society. Everyone knows someone who has been touched by Cancer so please give generously. If you give by check please make it out to The American Society and we'll turn in all the checks and money raised together.

We started doing this 2013 and hope to continue for years to come.

Thanks

Randy

879614114_Pink_Cowboy1.jpg.bcb88fd4672b0e91d97b07f2610dc2e4.jpgIMG_3839.thumb.JPG.3dcc72afb1f087c99a8b8a2451059cdc.JPGIMG_E5735.JPG.c96b868f6ded8f53d3d6969068ab0094.JPGIMG_5689.thumb.JPG.abc72db1fb2f6a247c9e7ff93107d66d.JPG548705271_2020TennesseeStateChampionship.jpg.10b898e35bcd330415a312f9fc859c68.jpg1866818070_SixgunSeamus2020StatePink.thumb.jpg.514c419adab4289b871a1c5f0f20ee69.jpg

I am very proud to announce that with everyone's help we were able to collect $3949.50 for the American Cancer Society!!!!!!!!!!   Thank you to everyone who donated to this worthy cause.

Randy

On 6/5/2022 at 7:18 PM, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

Capt BB as we were leaving Whiskey announced that next year Tn State would also be the first weekend in June.

Imis  more info to follow

Thanks Imis.  I've already reserved the Farmhouse for next year.

34 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Thanks Imis.  I've already reserved the Farmhouse for next year.

Captain, you got a lot of work to do to try to catch the Iron Cowboy next year!

Thanks again.

Randy 

55 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

I'm not sure I can catch him.  It's pretty rare for me to run 15 and 16 second stages.

I understand, 16 second stages are about scarce as hen’s teeth and 15’s are unubtanium for me!

Randy 

22 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Pilgrim Joe’s video of the match, thanks Pilgrim!

If you want to see how to run Stage 2 go to the 27:26 minute mark. If I can I’ll try to add the stage instructions and layout, the time written at the top was my time and you will see it is considerably slower than how Missouri Lefty shoots it in the video. Lefty was the Overall winner at the match.

Randy

IMG_E0394.JPG

IMG_0518.JPG

On 6/10/2022 at 7:56 AM, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

If you want to see how to run Stage 2 go to the 27:26 minute mark. ...

That was my fastest stage of the whole match.  I was afraid the pistols would screw me up on the 1883 but I managed to keep count.  I shot it 9 seconds faster than my stage average.

1 minute ago, Diamond Jake said:

That was my fastest stage of the whole match.  I was afraid the pistols would screw me up on the 1883 but I managed to keep count.  I shot it 9 seconds faster than my stage average.

It was a good stage to run fast, it was also my fastest stage of the match!

Thanks 

Randy 

On 6/7/2022 at 4:18 PM, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Someone asked me about the photo links so I'll go back to the top with this.

Randy

Archived