SASS Wire Forum

Captain Bill Burt. To be clear about my comment on your swollen head, I must confess the swelling is a perfectly natural reaction to your family's SASS success at the Georgia State Match. That being said, my stretcher only goes to 7-5/8. 

IMG_20220524_101853831.jpg

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sgt.  so sorry to hear about losing your dad and all the other troubles with covid. Prayers from Pinky and I to you and your family. 

RO I will be offered Thursday morning, I think it is at 9:00 in the school house.

Now on to the important stuff.

Cooking at the campground went over well in Georgia so I thought I would offer to cook Wednesday and Thursday evenings for dinner.

Wednesday evening will be good for hamburgers so if you want to join us please bring a burger or two and we will throw it on the cooker. we should have plenty of buns and condaments.

I am open to suggestions for Thursday evening,

11 hours ago, Kid Rich said:

When and where are the side matches being shot?

kR

Side matches will be on Thursday June 2nd, Speed events and Cut The Rope will be along stages 1-5, Long Range on the hill, the rest scattered around the range.

Thanks 

Randy 

8 hours ago, SGT. ELI 35882 GUNFIGHTER said:

So far mine have been mild, wife and sister are a little rougher. But my Dad got sick on Thursday and passed away on Sunday morning. 

Hope all recover soon, very sorry to hear about your dad.

Randy 

I'm back in TN early after my surgery and plan on coming down one day to watch and take it all in. Can't pick up anything more than a milk jug I'm told for another month so no shooting this year for me dang it. What day would ya'll say is best Sat? Thanks looking forward to it. 

4 minutes ago, Needle-Nose-Tom said:

I'm back in TN early after my surgery and plan on coming down one day to watch and take it all in. Can't pick up anything more than a milk jug I'm told for another month so no shooting this year for me dang it. What day would ya'll say is best Sat? Thanks looking forward to it. 

Sorry you cant play the game this time. I think Thursday is the best socializing, watching time but it is limited to which side match events have participants at the time you are there. Friday may be intense and Saturday a little looser as some folks lighten up towards the end. Or how about, all three?

Imis  (look for the big hat)

2 hours ago, Needle-Nose-Tom said:

You know where you are at after surgery, but if you can lift a revolver and have access to five of them you could shoot in the Josey Wales Category.

11 hours ago, Needle-Nose-Tom said:

Glad to hear you're back home, and I am sure your family is too!

And he needs you guys to come up with some more Schofields for him to shoot Josey Wales!

On 5/24/2022 at 6:05 PM, Tn Tombstone said:

RO I will be offered Thursday morning, I think it is at 9:00 in the school house.

Now on to the important stuff.

Cooking at the campground went over well in Georgia so I thought I would offer to cook Wednesday and Thursday evenings for dinner.

Wednesday evening will be good for hamburgers so if you want to join us please bring a burger or two and we will throw it on the cooker. we should have plenty of buns and condaments.

Sapphire Rose is wanting to take your RO1 class

On 5/24/2022 at 2:37 PM, Mister Badly said:

Captain Bill Burt. To be clear about my comment on your swollen head, I must confess the swelling is a perfectly natural reaction to your family's SASS success at the Georgia State Match. That being said, my stretcher only goes to 7-5/8. 

IMG_20220524_101853831.jpg

I had hoped to at least get down to Wartrace for some of the festivities, if not to sign up and shoot!!

Instead, I will be checking into the hospital in Nashville for another tune-up on my foot on Friday morning!!  ‘Nother graft to, hopefully, close the “hole in the sole”!!

Maybe next year!!  Hope y’all have great weather and a ton of fun!!  Shoot straight and be safe!!

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I had hoped to at least get down to Wartrace for some of the festivities, if not to sign up and shoot!!

Instead, I will be checking into the hospital in Nashville for another tune-up on my foot on Friday morning!!  ‘Nother graft to, hopefully, close the “hole in the sole”!!

Maybe next year!!  Hope y’all have great weather and a ton of fun!!  Shoot straight and be safe!!

You'll be missed.  We'll keep you in our prayers

17 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Good luck with your surgery, hope to see your and Schoolmarm soon.

Randy 

On 5/24/2022 at 6:05 PM, Tn Tombstone said:

If you cook it we will eat it.  All's what I need to know is: what should I bring to go with?

On 5/16/2022 at 9:54 AM, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

181 signed up as of yesterday, that means my primers are coming off the shelf!! We still have room for more if you've been on the fence.

Woo Hoo!!!

Randy

On 5/16/2022 at 1:05 PM, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

I might just have to do that. I'll have to check at home and see for sure what I have so that whoever wins can have their choice. I know I have Federal Large Pistol, Federal Small Pistol Magnum, CCI Large Rifle (magnums I think), Cheddite 209's and I think I have small rifle primers also. If whoever wins is flush with primers and short on bullets I have 105 and 125, 38's and 180 and 200, 45's.

Randy 

As promised we reached 175 before May 21st so I will be giving away 1000 primers to 1 lucky winner drawn from the names of those signed up by May 21st and show up to shoot.

Only 2 days left so I decided to inventory my primers to see what I had available. I want whoever wins these to get something they can use. This is what I have to choose from;

Federal #150 Large Pistol

Federal #200 Magnum Small Pistol

CCI #400 Small Rifle

CCI #250 Magnum Large Rifle (900) will add 100 of choice.

Federal #210 Large Rifle

Cheddite #CX2000 209 Shotshell Primers

As noted above if the winner has a glut of primers and is short on bullets I have a good selection of them as well.

Looking forward to seeing everyone Thursday and don't forget 

"ARE YOU TOUGH ENOUGH TO WEAR PINK"

Thanks

Randy

49 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Hey Randy,

In looking at those pics of some stages, I gotta question:

Ain't ya got anything BIG in black and orange?

:lol:

..........Widder

There is a steel shortage so we couldn't get anything bigger. I like black and orange and blue and orange but I guess you noticed that!

Randy

We had the Workers Shoot-thru Saturday and Sunday so I had to repaint all the targets. I just finished them this afternoon so I took some pictures of the ones I didn't get pictures of before. I also took some pictures of the Jail, gun testing stage only, Cemetery, Team Math and Shoot-off ( if it's your first time to Wartrace we have the shoot-off open to everyone and we have 3 categories, Traditional, Gunfighter and Duelist), Open Range Wild Bunch only. I also took some pictures of the Sponsors Banners that weren't up until today.

Hope to see everyone Thursday!

image.thumb.jpeg.bcf78d25c025a464798e01bce972e6cf.jpeg

Range, targets 003.JPG

Range, targets 004.JPG

Range, targets 005.JPG

Range, targets 006.JPG

Range, targets 007.JPG

Range, targets 008.JPG

Range, targets 009.JPG

Range, targets 010.JPG

Range, targets 011.JPG

Range, targets 012.JPG

Range, targets 013.JPG

Range, targets 014.JPG

Range, targets 015.JPG

Range, targets 016.JPG

Range, targets 017.JPG

Range, targets 018.JPG

Range, targets 019.JPG

Range, targets 020.JPG

Range, targets 021.JPG

Range, targets 022.JPG

Range, targets 023.JPG

Range, targets 024.JPG

Range, targets 025.JPG

Range, targets 026.JPG

Range, targets 027.JPG

Range, targets 028.JPG

Range, targets 029.JPG

Range, targets 030.JPG

Range, targets 031.JPG

Range, targets 032.JPG

Range, targets 033.JPG

Range, targets 034.JPG

Range, targets 035.JPG

Range, targets 036.JPG

Range, targets 037.JPG

Beeppadeepdeep Beepadeepdeep....News from the trail.

"This is your trusty announcer Charlie Farquharson of KORN News reporting.  An 18 wheeler carrying chickens has overturned on Interstate 24 near Chattanooga, what a mess!  You can see full details here. If you look real close at the logo on the truck you'll see that it reads TWPP (Tennessee Williams Poultry Processing). Officials on the scene said that all the chickens have had their feet removed.  Officials on the scene further said that if'n them chickens  would've still had their feet the could have walked away from the accident.  More details to be provided as they become available."

Kajun

Archived