SASS Wire Forum

2 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

If it’s going to be that big and close I’ll bring a derringer.

Randy and I have done it with a derringer. We and others have done it with pistols. Most do it with the rifle. Before you ask, no you can't use yer shotgun!

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

There aren't many problems you can't solve with a 12 gauge.

Or even easier with a 10ga,  BTW I’ll be bringing my 1901, it’s a blast :ph34r:

45 minutes ago, Mister Badly said:

Might try it.

IMG_20190910_164812.jpg

If you like trick shots here are a few:

Rifle 

1. Shoot the can.

2. Shoot the axe blade, split your bullet in two and pop both balloons.

3. Shoot the playing card laying on edge.

4. Shoot into the hole to pop another balloon. 

Pistols

Repeat sequence with new targets.

I got everything except the axe blade with pistols.  My sights are so big I couldn't see the axe blade at all.

https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBillBurt/videos/461787594668216

2 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Rifle 

1. Shoot the can.

Pistols

I got everything except the axe blade with pistols.  My sights are so big I couldn't see the axe blade at all.

Oh! You use sights?  Lol

Rifle 

1. Shoot the can.

Pistols

I shot that stage also, I got all except 1 of the pistol balloons. One of these days we may get an axe head and make a target to try it.

Randy

5 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

KK, you might want to see if you can find a 75, that 45 might not be enough.

If'n I could find one I just might brang one! :lol:

Kajun

We had 112 shooters signed up as of Saturday, please get your entries in as soon as you can.

To make it interesting if we get to 175 shooters by May 21, 2022 I will donate 1000 Federal Primers. We will have a drawing between all shooters signed up by then (if we get to at least 175) and 1 person will win. Only the ones who actually come and shoot will be in the drawing. Winner will have their choice of either large or small pistol (may be standard or magnum depending on what I have).

Thanks

Randy

1 hour ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

We had 112 shooters signed up as of Saturday, please get your entries in as soon as you can.

To make it interesting if we get to 175 shooters by May 21, 2022 I will donate 1000 Federal Primers. We will have a drawing between all shooters signed up by then (if we get to at least 175) and 1 person will win. Only the ones who actually come and shoot will be in the drawing. Winner will have their choice of either large or small pistol (may be standard or magnum depending on what I have).

Thanks

Randy

Wooo-weee! Yall get yer applications in so's one of us'll win them primers!

1 hour ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Thanks

Randy

If this don't get you off the fence and signed up. Merica in Tennessee :FlagAm:

37 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

Hehehe, yessir. I'm gonna have to read to you from the book this year.

We need to make this the best two out of three. 

You come shoot here in GA State, which is my home match.  I'm shooting TN State, your home match.

Match three is the Regional. 

Whatta ya say?

52 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

We need to make this the best two out of three. 

You come shoot here in GA State, which is my home match.  I'm shooting TN State, your home match.

Match three is the Regional. 

Whatta ya say?

I'm "trying" to work in Georgia! I think you edged me out the last couple of TN State matches and I whooped you pretty good I mean edged you out in the last couple of Regionals. If I can get to Georgia and you keep Iron Cowboy off of me we'll put a nanner split on it. That's as long as you're ok with shooting the handicap of having to use both hands for each pistol. 

So I know TW is Tuco, and you’re the cat, but am I Blondie, or Angel Eyes?

You're 'Angel Eyes',......... slower and still digging that hole you're not gonna get out of.

:D

..........Widder

3 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

You're 'Angel Eyes',......... slower and still digging that hole you're not gonna get out of.

:D

..........Widder

Angel Eyes didn't dig, and never would have.  Only Tuco was soft enough for that. 

Me, I'm not either of those famous guys, I'm nobody.  Here's me and TW having a drink together.

43 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Angel Eyes didn't dig, and never would have.  Only Tuco was soft enough for that. 

Me, I'm not either of those famous guys, I'm nobody.  Here's me and TW having a drink together.

Nah. If you look real close, I'm at the bar eating a nanner split.

Uncle Herschel just got back down out of the hills with my ash from a lightnin' struck Oak tree. Just a few more ingredients to go and I'll be working some powerful hoodoo. 

Speaking of powerful Hoodoo, there's gonna be a "special" black and red chicken foot signed by me and hidden on or around one of the stages. Bring it to me and not only will I give you $50 bucks, but I won't put a hex on you...for atleast the rest of the match:D.

Good luck!

12 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Last time I heard of Uncle Herschel, he was taken a flock of sheep back to the lower 40 where the grass

was fresh and green.   Ever seen sheep smile?

..........Widder

I’ve heard that Uncle Herschel once said that he came from a place where the men were men and the sheep were nervous :huh:

1 hour ago, Tequila Shooter said:

I’ve heard that Uncle Herschel once said that he came from a place where the men were men and the sheep were nervous :huh:

Yep, that's Herschel Williams.   It in their DNA.

The sign at the farm entrance reads:   "Williams sheep ranch.   A place where no sheep are turned away"

..........Widder

1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Yep, that's Herschel Williams.   It in their DNA.

The sign at the farm entrance reads:   "Williams sheep ranch.   A place where no sheep are turned away"

..........Widder

Well maybe just turned around!

Kajun

2 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

RANDY,

My application is in the mail.  Sent it to Dixie today.

I requested to be on Posse 13 1/2.  

:lol:

..........Widder

Widder, glad you got your app on the way. Sorry to have to tell you Posse 13 1/2 is already full but there are a couple of slots left on Posse 13 3/4 so we'll put you on that one. :ph34r::P:rolleyes:

Thanks

Randy

1 minute ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Widder, glad you got your app on the way. Sorry to have to tell you Posse 13 1/2 is already full but there are a couple of slots left on Posse 13 3/4 so we'll put you on hat one. :ph34r::P:rolleyes:

Thanks

Randy

I don't know Widder, that posse is a little sheepish...might be a woolly!

Kajun

Archived