SASS Wire Forum

The Tennessee State Championship, The Regulators Reckoning, will be in June this year instead of October due to The National Championship being on the weekend we used to be on.

12 Main Match Stages, Warm Up, Wild Bunch and Black Powder matches as well as Long Range and Speed Side Matches.

I'll attach a schedule as soon as it is ready, application is on the State Match tab on our website. 

As always even though it isn't in October, Thursday will be "Are You Tough Enough To Wear Pink" day!!

http://www.wartraceregulators.com/StateMatch.aspx

Hope to see everyone there.

Randy

Who's attending Main Match 06022022.pdf

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

Who is that? 

Oh! You mean Not Widder! Yeah, he'll probably be there. I hear he's a glutton for punishment.

I been giving him a few pointers to help him get better.    2022 could be his lucky year.

..........Widder

Hey Tequila, we'll miss you also.   If your schedule and such changes and you show up, I'll make sure Ole TN won't put

any chicken feet, hawk bill, or turtle eyeballs on your cart..... :D

..........Widder

9 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

Who is that? 

Oh! You mean Not Widder! Yeah, he'll probably be there. I hear he's a glutton for punishment.

Speaking of punishment. I will be there and since school will be out Iron Cowboy, Kid Flash and Shootin Sharyn are coming too. I’ve already reserved our usual place. 

Iron Cowboy has been taking Sidekicks advice, lots of misses, but the raw speed…! He says you’re not going to slip by him this time.

RATS! I can't make those dates..... [wanders off whimpering and plotting on possums and chicken feet by UPS].

6 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Speaking of punishment. I will be there and since school will be out Iron Cowboy, Kid Flash and Shootin Sharyn are coming too. I’ve already reserved our usual place. 

Iron Cowboy has been taking Sidekicks advice, lots of misses, but the raw speed…! He says you’re not going to slip by him this time.

The Revenuers have been alerted to watch out for folks coming from the south with "speed"

Imis

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2021 at 7:43 AM, Captain Bill Burt said:

I hope y'all can make it, without you there won't be near as much talk about chicken's feet! 

Randy

• 2 months later...

Got my app printed out, talked to Ray about camping. Got that all lined up.

$50/night, full hook-ups.

Best to send him a check up front so he does not have to hunt you down to get paid.

We pretty much have something going on from Wednesday on through the shoot. I am sure we will have a camp fire, probably a little more room around it for sitting and telling tells but still will have it.

I'd love to come out.  But alas, not in the budget this year.  Got a kid getting ready for college and she needs a car (yes I know, she should pay for it, but we'd rather she keep her grades up right now.  She has big dreams and we want to encourage her to chase them).

1 hour ago, Doc Shapiro said:

I'd love to come out.  But alas, not in the budget this year.  Got a kid getting ready for college and she needs a car (yes I know, she should pay for it, but we'd rather she keep her grades up right now.  She has big dreams and we want to encourage her to chase them).

I commend your attitude DOC.   Sounds like you have your priorities in order.   We made the same decision a few years back and have no regrets

in buying our daughter a car in order for her to have better study times while in college.

TN is a beautiful place in June.   Lots of greenery and blue skies.   But humidity can wear a healthy person out.   We do a lot of sitting

in the shade under a big oak tree...... sipping on some ice tea.....  ;) .....and listening to TN Williams tell more lies..... :lol:

Right now, he's out in Arizona at EOT.   Those folks are bout to find out what its really like to shoot with him.  :o

..........Widder

1 minute ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I commend your attitude DOC.   Sounds like you have your priorities in order.   We made the same decision a few years back and have no regrets

in buying our daughter a car in order for her to have better study times while in college.

TN is a beautiful place in June.   Lots of greenery and blue skies.   But humidity can wear a healthy person out.   We do a lot of sitting

in the shade under a big oak tree...... sipping on some ice tea.....  ;) .....and listening to TN Williams tell more lies..... :lol:

Right now, he's out in Arizona at EOT.   Those folks are bout to find out what its really like to shoot with him.  :o

..........Widder

Thanks.  I've spent some time in TN.  We'd love to come back and visit again.  But need to find a way to cover costs.  One of these days.

8 hours ago, Doc Shapiro said:

Gotta have your priorities right and it sounds like you do.

I had to pony up and buy the Iron Cowboy a new Mustang last year. He hit the grades I required and that was the deal. I think it will pay off when the scholarship offers start coming in this fall.

My younger three are stair steps so I’ll owe Emily a new car next year and Johnathan one two years later. Shootin Sharyn claims she’s due as well, so what I need is a good friend with a dealership and somewhere to park all the dang cars!!

Any takers?

8 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

I bet that rascal TW will come back from EOT with a championship buckle. I’ll just have to whup him so his head doesn’t get to big.

I don’t know how it happened but we found a chicken’s foot on the EOT sign79CF6632-74B0-4EEB-A63A-7BF31C214EB0.thumb.jpeg.9d7b23576033688eeca9ac7f3ef12185.jpeg1D7B30F9-83BB-4854-9947-77ED454EF969.thumb.jpeg.bae0679218f4236ce6ed42f5ee970092.jpeg:D

Randy

The Chicken Foot Kid has struck again, he’s pecked and scratched around and found some chicken sign! :D

Kajun

• 4 weeks later...

Time to get your entries in! Right now we have 96 shooters from 14 states signed up.

http://www.wartraceregulators.com/StateMatch.aspx

12 stages, Speed, Long Range, Cut the Rope, Wild Bunch and Black Powder Side Matches. Warm Up Match, Friday Night Dinner and Saturday Night Awards Banquet all included for the entry fee! 

Don’t forget Thursday will, as always, be “Are You Tough Enough To Wear Pink “ day and we will be collecting money all weekend for the American Cancer Society!!

Thanks 

Randy 

On 12/23/2021 at 8:43 AM, Captain Bill Burt said:

Iron Cowboy was 2nd of 48 fast shooters at Ocoee Rangers yesterday. He was smokin!! Kicked Dad's butt along with lots of us.

19 hours ago, Max Payne said:

Iron Cowboy was 2nd of 48 fast shooters at Ocoee Rangers yesterday. He was smokin!! Kicked Dad's butt along with lots of us.

LOL.  I don't know if he 'kicked my butt' but he 'edged me out.' ;) If we had both shot our best match it would have been much worse.

Actually he came in second overall by less than three seconds, with two misses and a pretty bad shotgun reload.

Well, I ain't one to spread any rumors, BUT..... I had heard thru the grape vine that TN Williams  has been

strutin around Wartrace acting like the Cock of the Woods since he got back from EOT with his big trophy.

Supposedly,  Whiskey was gonna send ME and Capt BB some money to come down there and humble TW's 'tight hat'.

If the weather is nice this coming weekend, AND... I feel good enough, I just might try to collect that 'bounty' on TW

at Wartrace on Saturday.   Looks like me and ole Capt BB just might have to break  ole TW from 'suckin eggs'.

..........Widder

11 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Well, I ain't one to spread any rumors, BUT..... I had heard thru the grape vine that TN Williams  has been

strutin around Wartrace acting like the Cock of the Woods since he got back from EOT with his big trophy.

Supposedly,  Whiskey was gonna send ME and Capt BB some money to come down there and humble TW's 'tight hat'.

If the weather is nice this coming weekend, AND... I feel good enough, I just might try to collect that 'bounty' on TW

at Wartrace on Saturday.   Looks like me and ole Capt BB just might have to break  ole TW from 'suckin eggs'.

..........Widder

I know better than that! Whiskey ain't gonna waste his money by trying to pay Cap'n BB to try to whoop me. BB can't even hold his pistols one handed:ph34r:.

On the other hand now, I been working on something to bring you (Widder) down from outer space. Stay tuned as I work the kinks out of my plan...

31 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

I know better than that! Whiskey ain't gonna waste his money by trying to pay Cap'n BB to try to whoop me. BB can't even hold his pistols one handed:ph34r:.

On the other hand now, I been working on something to bring you (Widder) down from outer space. Stay tuned as I work the kinks out of my plan...

Well this is getting interesting :FlagAm:

Archived