SASS Wire Forum

Savage model 93 22 mag scope

Trigger Mike

I bought the savage 93 camo scope and rifle combo in 22 mag.  The scope does not seem to hold its zero.  The screws are tight.  Often the scope on the combo are not up to par, but I liked the idea of the scope matching the rifle.  

I went to Walmart and they have a Simmons marked for 22 mag.  Will this do better?

20211220_174438.jpg

Are you sure its the scope?    

Tighten you stock screws.    Savage has a good reputation for accurate rifles, but ya gotta make sure its secure in the stock, etc.....

What kind of accuracy are you expecting?   Even in a good/very good rimfire rifle,  ya gotta make sure to use the right ammo

in it.

..........Widder

1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Are you sure its the scope?    

Tighten you stock screws.    Savage has a good reputation for accurate rifles, but ya gotta make sure its secure in the stock, etc.....

What kind of accuracy are you expecting?   Even in a good/very good rimfire rifle,  ya gotta make sure to use the right ammo

in it.

..........Widder

I need it to be able to pop large soft shell turtles at around 100 yards and beaver as well as otter.  any closer and the turtles disappear.  I usually use hornady.

You say the screws are tight, but did you check the base to receiver screws? The center fire Savage rifles that come as a package with a scope are often loose here.

A few years on a bench at sight in service and I have seen some.  If you can turn the base screw with a screwdriver bit and no handle, it's loose.

Archived