SASS Wire Forum

delete WTB / Trade for a hammered 12 ga coach or 1887 lever??

Bear Run Butch

I am looking for a good, hammered coach gun. I have looked at the CZ and the under 7 lbs is attractive. Cimarron also has a good looking high hammered double. I would welcome any feedback from experience you may have had. I currently have a CIA Chinese's very heavy low hammers would like to upgrade.

Other option is 1887 according to Cimarron you can drop two in the new stock lever shotguns. One in the chamber and the other in the bottom close and fire and eject and fire?  Does anyone have any experience with 1887? Not looking to modify for drop two

Could trade or buy. I have for trade a Smith & Wesson 45 acp Thunder Ranch very nice revolver. Would like feedback for choice of coach gun and 1887 lever. Thanks for reading

• Bear Run Butch changed the title to WTB / Trade for a hammered 12 ga coach or 1887 lever??

I have both the CZ Hammer Classic and the TTN 1878 clone.

The CZ sure is nice, but the TTN is the superior cowboy action gun for a number of reasons, the main one being hammer height and short distance between them. They can easily be cocked with one thumb while the CZ hammers are spread such that I have to wipe them back with the same hand I load it with.

Your results may vary, but I’m confident most folks will agree on this one.

I have the CZ and TTN and I don’t know if my thumb is extra long or something but I have no problem cocking both hammers with one thumb and I prefer the CZ. One because it is a tad lighter and I feel like the wider hammers gives me a wider field of view when looking down the barrels at the stage. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not looking to get rid of it BUT - I can say I really love my CZ coach gun and if you have a choice between all others I'd say put the CZ at the top of the list.  

• Bear Run Butch changed the title to delete WTB / Trade for a hammered 12 ga coach or 1887 lever??

Archived